After a music video called “Booty Pop” of a 6-year-old South Florida rapper named Albert Roundtree, Jr. debuted via YouTube (see it below), folks have been going in on the kid’s parents, saying they need to get arrested.
The youngster is recorded using a super soaker to hose down booty popping girls in bikinis. No, not a good look at all.
Even Vibe had to come down on the women who participated in the madness and even considered calling family services:
“At what point does stripping down to a bikini and shaking your ass in the face of a kid who should still be watching Nick Jr. sound like a good idea?” the publication asked.
However, according to Miami New Times, the director behind the video has no remorse.
“It’s supposed to be a joke, but I’d say about 30 percent of the people watching it find it funny,” admitted Tyler Council, president of Froze-N Time Productions, based in Oakland Park, Florida. “But I still don’t regret it.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Council says he was commissioned to do the video by Albert’s parents, who hope their son becomes a rap star from it. They paid “peanuts”, he says without getting into dollar amounts, but he did the video because he needed a quick gig. “He’s just trying to imitate his idols that he hears on the radio,” says Council of Albert.
“There’s no touching going on, there’s no drug abuse.” Actually, it was the boy’s parents’ idea to shoot the video, he explained.
They want him to become a major star from the video. And they sort of got their wish since the controversial rump shaking went viral.
Despite the negative response, the parents have already invested in a second video for their son. The title: “Girls, Girls, Girls.”
All we can do is shake our heads. Or is it?
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here