After a music video called “Booty Pop” of a 6-year-old South Florida rapper named Albert Roundtree, Jr. debuted via YouTube (see it below), folks have been going in on the kid’s parents, saying they need to get arrested.
The youngster is recorded using a super soaker to hose down booty popping girls in bikinis. No, not a good look at all.
Even Vibe had to come down on the women who participated in the madness and even considered calling family services:
“At what point does stripping down to a bikini and shaking your ass in the face of a kid who should still be watching Nick Jr. sound like a good idea?” the publication asked.
However, according to Miami New Times, the director behind the video has no remorse.
“It’s supposed to be a joke, but I’d say about 30 percent of the people watching it find it funny,” admitted Tyler Council, president of Froze-N Time Productions, based in Oakland Park, Florida. “But I still don’t regret it.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Council says he was commissioned to do the video by Albert’s parents, who hope their son becomes a rap star from it. They paid “peanuts”, he says without getting into dollar amounts, but he did the video because he needed a quick gig. “He’s just trying to imitate his idols that he hears on the radio,” says Council of Albert.
“There’s no touching going on, there’s no drug abuse.” Actually, it was the boy’s parents’ idea to shoot the video, he explained.
They want him to become a major star from the video. And they sort of got their wish since the controversial rump shaking went viral.
Despite the negative response, the parents have already invested in a second video for their son. The title: “Girls, Girls, Girls.”
All we can do is shake our heads. Or is it?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here