It’s back to scripted drama for her. The versatile star has returned to Lifetime’s “Drop Dead Diva.”
For a while, Brandy decided to step away from the cameras altogether to focus on music again. But she’s back to TV. She made her return as Chardonnay on the latest season of “The Game” and she’s set to appear in Tyler Perry’s “The Marriage Counselor” soon.
As far as her recurring role on “Drop Dead Diva,” she says her character is one she can relate to.
“I relate to her in so many ways, just being a mother, having her heart broken, I’ve been through everything she’s been through, probably more,” she told Sister 2 Sister.
Brandy plays the role of Elisa, the former love of an attorney played by Josh Stamberg. She first appeared on the series when she surprised her ex by revealing he is the father of her child.
“I don’t want to do reality shows. I watch reality shows here and there, but I don’t think I work well on reality shows,” she said. “I think I’m too boring for reality. It’s much more fun playing somebody else.”
She further mentioned that reality shows these days include much more than she’s willing to do, like scrapping and pushing the scandalous envelope.
“I don’t even argue like some of these women on TV,” she said. “I just watched ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta,’ and I was like, ‘whoa.’ It’s not that you have to compete [with other shows], but if you look at things from a business standpoint, you want to get the kind of ratings that the ‘Basketball Wives’ are getting.”
Sounds like she knows her limits.
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here