*Chris Brown has scored his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, as “Fortune” enters atop the chart, selling 134,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan.
It follows his last release, and first No. 1, 2011’s “F.A.M.E,” which debuted atop the list with 270,000 — more than double the start of “Fortune.”
Brown is the second R&B hitmaker in a month to debut at No. 1 with a comparably soft launch, reports Billboard. Four weeks ago, Usher’s “Looking 4 Myself” started at No. 1 with 128,000. That marked a significant slide from the 329,000 first week of his last full-length album, the No. 1-debuting “Raymond v Raymond.”
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is making history on the Hot 100 singles chart. Her track
“Starships” has logged its first 21 weeks in the top 10, establishing a new Billboard record. Since debuting at No. 9 the week of March 3, the track has yet to depart the top 10 for 21 weeks running, marking the most consecutive frames that a top 10-debuting title has remained in the region from its arrival.
“Starships” passes the Black Eyed Peas’ 2009 smash “I Gotta Feeling,” which spent its first 20 weeks in the top 10, including 14 at No. 1.
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here