*Chris Brown has scored his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, as “Fortune” enters atop the chart, selling 134,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan.
It follows his last release, and first No. 1, 2011’s “F.A.M.E,” which debuted atop the list with 270,000 — more than double the start of “Fortune.”
Brown is the second R&B hitmaker in a month to debut at No. 1 with a comparably soft launch, reports Billboard. Four weeks ago, Usher’s “Looking 4 Myself” started at No. 1 with 128,000. That marked a significant slide from the 329,000 first week of his last full-length album, the No. 1-debuting “Raymond v Raymond.”
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is making history on the Hot 100 singles chart. Her track
“Starships” has logged its first 21 weeks in the top 10, establishing a new Billboard record. Since debuting at No. 9 the week of March 3, the track has yet to depart the top 10 for 21 weeks running, marking the most consecutive frames that a top 10-debuting title has remained in the region from its arrival.
“Starships” passes the Black Eyed Peas’ 2009 smash “I Gotta Feeling,” which spent its first 20 weeks in the top 10, including 14 at No. 1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here