*Chris Brown has scored his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, as “Fortune” enters atop the chart, selling 134,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan.
It follows his last release, and first No. 1, 2011’s “F.A.M.E,” which debuted atop the list with 270,000 — more than double the start of “Fortune.”
Brown is the second R&B hitmaker in a month to debut at No. 1 with a comparably soft launch, reports Billboard. Four weeks ago, Usher’s “Looking 4 Myself” started at No. 1 with 128,000. That marked a significant slide from the 329,000 first week of his last full-length album, the No. 1-debuting “Raymond v Raymond.”
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is making history on the Hot 100 singles chart. Her track
“Starships” has logged its first 21 weeks in the top 10, establishing a new Billboard record. Since debuting at No. 9 the week of March 3, the track has yet to depart the top 10 for 21 weeks running, marking the most consecutive frames that a top 10-debuting title has remained in the region from its arrival.
“Starships” passes the Black Eyed Peas’ 2009 smash “I Gotta Feeling,” which spent its first 20 weeks in the top 10, including 14 at No. 1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here