*Chris Brown has scored his second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, as “Fortune” enters atop the chart, selling 134,000 copies according to Nielsen SoundScan.
It follows his last release, and first No. 1, 2011’s “F.A.M.E,” which debuted atop the list with 270,000 — more than double the start of “Fortune.”
Brown is the second R&B hitmaker in a month to debut at No. 1 with a comparably soft launch, reports Billboard. Four weeks ago, Usher’s “Looking 4 Myself” started at No. 1 with 128,000. That marked a significant slide from the 329,000 first week of his last full-length album, the No. 1-debuting “Raymond v Raymond.”
Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj is making history on the Hot 100 singles chart. Her track
“Starships” has logged its first 21 weeks in the top 10, establishing a new Billboard record. Since debuting at No. 9 the week of March 3, the track has yet to depart the top 10 for 21 weeks running, marking the most consecutive frames that a top 10-debuting title has remained in the region from its arrival.
“Starships” passes the Black Eyed Peas’ 2009 smash “I Gotta Feeling,” which spent its first 20 weeks in the top 10, including 14 at No. 1.
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here