*Colman Domingo has joined the cast of Lee Daniels’ “The Butler,” based on the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families over three decades.
Domingo will play a White House butler who works in the Executive Mansion.
Forest Whitaker plays Allen and Oprah Winfrey plays his wife. Rounding out the cast are Matthew McConaughey as John F. Kennedy, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, and Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan. Cuba Gooding Jr., David Oyelowo, and Lenny Kravitz also star, as does Jess Williams and “Magic Mike’s” Alex Pettyfer.
Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen.
Domingo, who appeared onstage in The Scottsboro Boys and Chicago, also has roles in Spike Lee’s “Red Hook Summer,” the Jackie Robinson biopic “42” and Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln.”
“The Butler’ starts shooting later this month in New Orleans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here