*Colman Domingo has joined the cast of Lee Daniels’ “The Butler,” based on the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families over three decades.
Domingo will play a White House butler who works in the Executive Mansion.
Forest Whitaker plays Allen and Oprah Winfrey plays his wife. Rounding out the cast are Matthew McConaughey as John F. Kennedy, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, and Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan. Cuba Gooding Jr., David Oyelowo, and Lenny Kravitz also star, as does Jess Williams and “Magic Mike’s” Alex Pettyfer.
Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen.
Domingo, who appeared onstage in The Scottsboro Boys and Chicago, also has roles in Spike Lee’s “Red Hook Summer,” the Jackie Robinson biopic “42” and Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln.”
“The Butler’ starts shooting later this month in New Orleans.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here