*Colman Domingo has joined the cast of Lee Daniels’ “The Butler,” based on the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families over three decades.
Domingo will play a White House butler who works in the Executive Mansion.
Forest Whitaker plays Allen and Oprah Winfrey plays his wife. Rounding out the cast are Matthew McConaughey as John F. Kennedy, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, and Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan. Cuba Gooding Jr., David Oyelowo, and Lenny Kravitz also star, as does Jess Williams and “Magic Mike’s” Alex Pettyfer.
Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen.
Domingo, who appeared onstage in The Scottsboro Boys and Chicago, also has roles in Spike Lee’s “Red Hook Summer,” the Jackie Robinson biopic “42” and Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln.”
“The Butler’ starts shooting later this month in New Orleans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here