*Colman Domingo has joined the cast of Lee Daniels’ “The Butler,” based on the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families over three decades.
Domingo will play a White House butler who works in the Executive Mansion.
Forest Whitaker plays Allen and Oprah Winfrey plays his wife. Rounding out the cast are Matthew McConaughey as John F. Kennedy, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, and Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan. Cuba Gooding Jr., David Oyelowo, and Lenny Kravitz also star, as does Jess Williams and “Magic Mike’s” Alex Pettyfer.
Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen.
Domingo, who appeared onstage in The Scottsboro Boys and Chicago, also has roles in Spike Lee’s “Red Hook Summer,” the Jackie Robinson biopic “42” and Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln.”
“The Butler’ starts shooting later this month in New Orleans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here