*Colman Domingo has joined the cast of Lee Daniels’ “The Butler,” based on the life of Eugene Allen, a White House servant who worked for eight First Families over three decades.
Domingo will play a White House butler who works in the Executive Mansion.
Forest Whitaker plays Allen and Oprah Winfrey plays his wife. Rounding out the cast are Matthew McConaughey as John F. Kennedy, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, and Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan. Cuba Gooding Jr., David Oyelowo, and Lenny Kravitz also star, as does Jess Williams and “Magic Mike’s” Alex Pettyfer.
Danny Strong wrote the script with Daniels based on Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about Allen.
Domingo, who appeared onstage in The Scottsboro Boys and Chicago, also has roles in Spike Lee’s “Red Hook Summer,” the Jackie Robinson biopic “42” and Steven Spielberg’s ‘Lincoln.”
“The Butler’ starts shooting later this month in New Orleans.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Ray Lewis' Son Arrested, Charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here