Hmm, we don’t exactly know what that is, but it doesn’t sound too good. In fact, it sounds like they’re saying he’s got mental issues of some kind.
If that’s the case, wouldn’t that be a career-ender? Not necessarily reports the Chicago Tribune:
Mood disorder, such as Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is said to be suffering from, is not necessarily a career-ender for a congressman, said a chief psychologist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
“There have been a number of people active in politics — Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln — who had mood disorders but were quite effective in their positions,” Mark Reinecke said.
“Mood disorder is a broad umbrella term that encompasses a range of conditions,” he said.
Like EURweb on Facebook
That ranges from depression and bi-polar disorder to disorders related to medical condition involving the thyroid or adrenal glands; post-partum depression or substance-induced mood disorders.
Addictions to alcohol, drugs or sex would not be considered mood disorders, Reinecke said.
NBC News reported the Democratic congressman from Illinois checked into a facility in Arizona to be treated for “severe clinical depression and a drinking problem.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here