*More news has emerged about the Miami cannibalistic attack that left Ronald Poppo faceless and Rudy Eugene dead.
Authorities initially suspected Eugene was reacting to some sort of new street drug, but toxicology reports found no trace of a chemical that would invoke an attack of that magnitude.
But a new little detail rouses new questions. According to reports, the attack may not have been as random as once suspected.
The Miami Herald reports that Eugene’s friend, named Christian, says the victim and attacker had met before while volunteering in the homeless community.
“Poppo seemed like a nice and kind man,” Christian told the Herald. “I remember when we gave him food.”
Poppo was later attacked while sleeping near the MacArthur Causeway.
The fact that police found torn-out pages from the Bible scattered along Eugene’s path and near the site of the attack has prompted many in the local community to think that religion played a part in his bizarre behavior. Others blame Vodou based on Eugene’s Haitian heritage.
Several Haitian churches refused to host Eugene’s funeral after congregations said that they would be uncomfortable having his body in their place of worship.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here