*Following their separate performances at the 2012 Essence Music Festival this weekend, R&B superstars D’Angelo and Mary J. Blige are teaming up for a co-headlining U.S. tour.
So far, four East Coast dates have been announced for the “Liberation Tour,” but Blige tells Rolling Stone that the run will be 20 dates long. The first announced date of the tour is Aug. 18 in Virginia Beach, and tickets are currently on sale through Live Nation.
For D’Angelo, the co-headlining tour marks another step in his comeback following a long hiatus. He played his first U.S. show in over a decade when he surprised Bonnaroo last month, and after performing at Essence Fest on Friday night, the singer is booked for Jay-Z’s inaugural Made in America festival in September.
Meanwhile, Blige is coming off of the 2011 release of her 10th studio album, “My Life II… The Journey Continues (Act 1).” In 2008, Blige co-headlined the Heart of the City Tour with Jay-Z.
Below are the announced dates for the D’Angelo/Mary J. Blige Liberation Tour:
Aug. 18 Virgina Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
Aug. 19 Wantagh, NY (Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach)
Aug. 21 Boston, MA (Bank of America Pavilion)
Aug. 23 Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here