*Following their separate performances at the 2012 Essence Music Festival this weekend, R&B superstars D’Angelo and Mary J. Blige are teaming up for a co-headlining U.S. tour.
So far, four East Coast dates have been announced for the “Liberation Tour,” but Blige tells Rolling Stone that the run will be 20 dates long. The first announced date of the tour is Aug. 18 in Virginia Beach, and tickets are currently on sale through Live Nation.
For D’Angelo, the co-headlining tour marks another step in his comeback following a long hiatus. He played his first U.S. show in over a decade when he surprised Bonnaroo last month, and after performing at Essence Fest on Friday night, the singer is booked for Jay-Z’s inaugural Made in America festival in September.
Meanwhile, Blige is coming off of the 2011 release of her 10th studio album, “My Life II… The Journey Continues (Act 1).” In 2008, Blige co-headlined the Heart of the City Tour with Jay-Z.
Below are the announced dates for the D’Angelo/Mary J. Blige Liberation Tour:
Aug. 18 Virgina Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
Aug. 19 Wantagh, NY (Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach)
Aug. 21 Boston, MA (Bank of America Pavilion)
Aug. 23 Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here