*Following their separate performances at the 2012 Essence Music Festival this weekend, R&B superstars D’Angelo and Mary J. Blige are teaming up for a co-headlining U.S. tour.
So far, four East Coast dates have been announced for the “Liberation Tour,” but Blige tells Rolling Stone that the run will be 20 dates long. The first announced date of the tour is Aug. 18 in Virginia Beach, and tickets are currently on sale through Live Nation.
For D’Angelo, the co-headlining tour marks another step in his comeback following a long hiatus. He played his first U.S. show in over a decade when he surprised Bonnaroo last month, and after performing at Essence Fest on Friday night, the singer is booked for Jay-Z’s inaugural Made in America festival in September.
Meanwhile, Blige is coming off of the 2011 release of her 10th studio album, “My Life II… The Journey Continues (Act 1).” In 2008, Blige co-headlined the Heart of the City Tour with Jay-Z.
Below are the announced dates for the D’Angelo/Mary J. Blige Liberation Tour:
Aug. 18 Virgina Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
Aug. 19 Wantagh, NY (Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach)
Aug. 21 Boston, MA (Bank of America Pavilion)
Aug. 23 Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here