*Following their separate performances at the 2012 Essence Music Festival this weekend, R&B superstars D’Angelo and Mary J. Blige are teaming up for a co-headlining U.S. tour.
So far, four East Coast dates have been announced for the “Liberation Tour,” but Blige tells Rolling Stone that the run will be 20 dates long. The first announced date of the tour is Aug. 18 in Virginia Beach, and tickets are currently on sale through Live Nation.
For D’Angelo, the co-headlining tour marks another step in his comeback following a long hiatus. He played his first U.S. show in over a decade when he surprised Bonnaroo last month, and after performing at Essence Fest on Friday night, the singer is booked for Jay-Z’s inaugural Made in America festival in September.
Meanwhile, Blige is coming off of the 2011 release of her 10th studio album, “My Life II… The Journey Continues (Act 1).” In 2008, Blige co-headlined the Heart of the City Tour with Jay-Z.
Below are the announced dates for the D’Angelo/Mary J. Blige Liberation Tour:
Aug. 18 Virgina Beach, VA (Farm Bureau Live)
Aug. 19 Wantagh, NY (Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach)
Aug. 21 Boston, MA (Bank of America Pavilion)
Aug. 23 Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Bay Area Man Finds Twenty Dollars and Uses it to Win $1 Million!
- Health: Is Your Pee Trying to Tell You Something?
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here