*Darlene Love, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who’s considered one of the best background singers of all time, is recovering from a mild heart attack, according to The Associated Press.
The 71-year-old experienced some discomfort prior to a performance over the weekend in Asbury Park, N.J., according to her agent Eric Stevens. As the pain grew a day later, Love went to a hospital and was told she suffered a mild heart attack.
Steven says doctors “expect a hundred and ten percent recovery as early as next week” for Love. She has returned home and her planned concerts will go on.
Love lent her voice to several of Phil Spector’s hits in the 1960s, in acts like the Crystals and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans. Love also has Broadway and film credits.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here