*Darlene Love, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who’s considered one of the best background singers of all time, is recovering from a mild heart attack, according to The Associated Press.
The 71-year-old experienced some discomfort prior to a performance over the weekend in Asbury Park, N.J., according to her agent Eric Stevens. As the pain grew a day later, Love went to a hospital and was told she suffered a mild heart attack.
Steven says doctors “expect a hundred and ten percent recovery as early as next week” for Love. She has returned home and her planned concerts will go on.
Love lent her voice to several of Phil Spector’s hits in the 1960s, in acts like the Crystals and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans. Love also has Broadway and film credits.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- First Footage & New Character Pics from Tupac Biopic 'All Eyez On Me' (Watch)
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here