*Darlene Love, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who’s considered one of the best background singers of all time, is recovering from a mild heart attack, according to The Associated Press.
The 71-year-old experienced some discomfort prior to a performance over the weekend in Asbury Park, N.J., according to her agent Eric Stevens. As the pain grew a day later, Love went to a hospital and was told she suffered a mild heart attack.
Steven says doctors “expect a hundred and ten percent recovery as early as next week” for Love. She has returned home and her planned concerts will go on.
Love lent her voice to several of Phil Spector’s hits in the 1960s, in acts like the Crystals and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans. Love also has Broadway and film credits.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here