*Darlene Love, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who’s considered one of the best background singers of all time, is recovering from a mild heart attack, according to The Associated Press.
The 71-year-old experienced some discomfort prior to a performance over the weekend in Asbury Park, N.J., according to her agent Eric Stevens. As the pain grew a day later, Love went to a hospital and was told she suffered a mild heart attack.
Steven says doctors “expect a hundred and ten percent recovery as early as next week” for Love. She has returned home and her planned concerts will go on.
Love lent her voice to several of Phil Spector’s hits in the 1960s, in acts like the Crystals and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans. Love also has Broadway and film credits.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here