*Darlene Love, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who’s considered one of the best background singers of all time, is recovering from a mild heart attack, according to The Associated Press.
The 71-year-old experienced some discomfort prior to a performance over the weekend in Asbury Park, N.J., according to her agent Eric Stevens. As the pain grew a day later, Love went to a hospital and was told she suffered a mild heart attack.
Steven says doctors “expect a hundred and ten percent recovery as early as next week” for Love. She has returned home and her planned concerts will go on.
Love lent her voice to several of Phil Spector’s hits in the 1960s, in acts like the Crystals and Bob B. Soxx and the Blue Jeans. Love also has Broadway and film credits.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here