*After 42 years of living on God’s green earth, former NBA star Dennis Rodman, known for his colorful style, finally “really” met his estranged father.
Hmm … this could explain the former NBA player’s outrageousness.
Well, to say his papa was a rolling stone would be an understatement. Philander Rodman, Jr. fathered 29 children (that he knows of) by 16 different women. So it’s no wonder they hadn’t met yet.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The two actually were in each other’s presence in Manila, Philippines, where his father has lived for the past 50 years, in 2006. But that was a brief moment in time. They only shook hands.
This go round, Dennis agreed to meet his father on Wednesday during a game.
“I’ve been trying to meet him for years. And then last night, boom, I met him. I was really, really happy and very surprised,” he told The Associated Press.
“I don’t hate the guy that brought me into this world,” Dennis Rodman told reporters. “The fact is, if I saw him, I’ll just tell him, ‘You know, you’re a friend of mine.'”
He was surprisingly sweet about the whole thing.
With seconds left in the game, Dennis grabbed the microphone and told the crowd of screaming fans that his father was in the audience. Daddy Rodman stood up, wearing a red hat that read, “Yes, Dennis Rodman is my son.”
The 71-year-old Vietnam War veteran now operates the Rodman’s Rainbow Obamaburger restaurant in northern Angeles City, which serves colorful buns and fries.
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here