*After 42 years of living on God’s green earth, former NBA star Dennis Rodman, known for his colorful style, finally “really” met his estranged father.
Hmm … this could explain the former NBA player’s outrageousness.
Well, to say his papa was a rolling stone would be an understatement. Philander Rodman, Jr. fathered 29 children (that he knows of) by 16 different women. So it’s no wonder they hadn’t met yet.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The two actually were in each other’s presence in Manila, Philippines, where his father has lived for the past 50 years, in 2006. But that was a brief moment in time. They only shook hands.
This go round, Dennis agreed to meet his father on Wednesday during a game.
“I’ve been trying to meet him for years. And then last night, boom, I met him. I was really, really happy and very surprised,” he told The Associated Press.
“I don’t hate the guy that brought me into this world,” Dennis Rodman told reporters. “The fact is, if I saw him, I’ll just tell him, ‘You know, you’re a friend of mine.'”
He was surprisingly sweet about the whole thing.
With seconds left in the game, Dennis grabbed the microphone and told the crowd of screaming fans that his father was in the audience. Daddy Rodman stood up, wearing a red hat that read, “Yes, Dennis Rodman is my son.”
The 71-year-old Vietnam War veteran now operates the Rodman’s Rainbow Obamaburger restaurant in northern Angeles City, which serves colorful buns and fries.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here