*Detroit has seen some miserable times since giving a chance to Kwame Kilpatrick.
But its woes didn’t really start with him. The city began to decline with Dennis Archer and the selling off of the downtown area. As soon as Mayor Coleman Young was forced to hand over the reins of the city to Archer the outside developers moved in overnight and so did casino after casino. The multiple casinos, in my opinion, began to inadvertently drain the resources of the community.
But one major deal that’s gone south in the city is the properties sold to the Northern Group Inc. back in 2005 (during Kwame’s administration). According to the Detroit News, the New York based company bought three major downtown properties: Penobscot Building, Lafayette Towers and the Alden Park Towers apartments on East Jefferson. Now, Lafayette Towers has been foreclosed and is set to be auctioned next week, July 18. (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here