*Detroit has seen some miserable times since giving a chance to Kwame Kilpatrick.
But its woes didn’t really start with him. The city began to decline with Dennis Archer and the selling off of the downtown area. As soon as Mayor Coleman Young was forced to hand over the reins of the city to Archer the outside developers moved in overnight and so did casino after casino. The multiple casinos, in my opinion, began to inadvertently drain the resources of the community.
But one major deal that’s gone south in the city is the properties sold to the Northern Group Inc. back in 2005 (during Kwame’s administration). According to the Detroit News, the New York based company bought three major downtown properties: Penobscot Building, Lafayette Towers and the Alden Park Towers apartments on East Jefferson. Now, Lafayette Towers has been foreclosed and is set to be auctioned next week, July 18. (more…)
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here