*Dick Gregory opened up the 2012 Summer TCA Press Tour in Beverly Hills Saturday morning with comments about how soul food is killing us.
“Until we learn about the human body…we go to Harvard, Yale, Howard to learn how to make a living. But the universal God force that created us don’t give a damn about you learning how to make a living,” said the 79-year-old comedian and activist, who tells his personal journey toward healthier food in the upcoming PBS Independent Lens film “Soul Food Junkies.”
From producer/director Byron Hurt (“Beyond Beats and Rhymes”), the documentary uses history and humor to examine this bittersweet culinary tradition, its roots in slavery, the scarcity of healthy food in America’s inner cities and much more.
“If we don’t learn how to live, you can have 12 doctorate degrees and be dead at 35,” said Gregory.
He continues below, and explains why his food journey has him “really angry at white folks.”
“Soul Food Junkies” will premiere on PBS in January. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here