According to the Advocate, Brown was asked about Frank Ocean while leaving a nightclub in Cannes. He is said to have replied: “Man, no homo” without making any further comment.
As Advocate states, the phrase ‘No Homo’ is a slang phrase used to reject any notion of something that could be deemed homosexual. But in this case, it’s not clear as to how the singer/dancer meant it.
Brown’s use of the term comes shortly after Ocean published a Tumblr post in which he discussed his sexuality and revealed that his first love had been a man.
As PRlog points out, Brown has had run-ins with Ocean before, in 2011 the two exchange hate tweets that eventually erupted into Brown sending family members to attack Frank Ocean.
Despite Brown’s comment, Ocean has received support from quite a few high profile celebrities since he opened up about his sexuality, including Beyonce and 50 Cent among others.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Shanice Williams Says She and Dorothy Are the Same in 'The Wiz Live!'
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here