According to the Advocate, Brown was asked about Frank Ocean while leaving a nightclub in Cannes. He is said to have replied: “Man, no homo” without making any further comment.
As Advocate states, the phrase ‘No Homo’ is a slang phrase used to reject any notion of something that could be deemed homosexual. But in this case, it’s not clear as to how the singer/dancer meant it.
Brown’s use of the term comes shortly after Ocean published a Tumblr post in which he discussed his sexuality and revealed that his first love had been a man.
As PRlog points out, Brown has had run-ins with Ocean before, in 2011 the two exchange hate tweets that eventually erupted into Brown sending family members to attack Frank Ocean.
Despite Brown’s comment, Ocean has received support from quite a few high profile celebrities since he opened up about his sexuality, including Beyonce and 50 Cent among others.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here