That that type of thinking coming from the lieutenant governor of Florida is disappointing.
Essence writers Aisha & Danielle Moodie-Mills touched on her comments and how much they disturbed them.
The folly of her remarks is certainly obvious. As a married black lesbian couple that defies this misguided characterization that black lesbians are not feminine or attractive, and with one of us having been raised by a single black mother, we take personal offense to them.
But most disturbing is the ease with which she promotes the stereotyping and profiling of people based on arbitrary traits that have absolutely nothing to do with the content of their character, such as how they look, their family status, or their class.
*Read more at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here