The 45-year-old veteran rapper is using his fame to push good health. A vegetarian, Fresh believes the key to a good life is good health, reports Ebony.com.
“Health has always been an important thing to me. I exercise and try to take care of myself, and drink a lot of water! And I push that to my kids so that they can carry on that same energy,” said Fresh.
One of his biggest projects has been a partnership with New York Dr. Olajide Williams in a fight against childhood obesity. Together they managed to merge a youth movement with health as an avenue to educate African American and Latino children about the disease and healthy alternatives through a program called Hip Hop Public Health.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The initiative engages young people through music, videos and comic books, along with live shows at schools.
As the program’s Vice President of Entertainment, Doug E. stated that he “felt like it was necessary to take what people love, which is hip-hop, and use it as tool to get kids motivated.”
He also mentioned that he wants children and parents to develop strong healthy relationships to help move the future in a healthier direction.
“I told my father to stop smoking around the age of two or three years old and he stopped smoking,” he shared. “So the relationship between the kid and the parent is very powerful and if you give the kid the right information, it can be very useful to the family. That was the whole premise of this concept.”
Learn more at Ebony.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here