The Miami Heat guard called USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo and coach Mike Krzyzewski on Thursday and let them know that he is not healthy enough to participate in the Olympics. Wade was playing through pain for much of the postseason, yet still averaged 22.6 points during Miami’s five-game win over Oklahoma City in the NBA Finals.
Wade was the leading scorer on the team that won Olympic gold in Beijing four years ago. He also played for the U.S. on the squad that won bronze at Athens in 2004.
Wade and his doctors are in the process of scheduling the surgery.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NFL Great Jerry Rice is Driving for Lyft in San Francisco (WATCH)
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here