This should make a lot of Essence fans happy.
Essence fashion director Ellianna Placas has been let go from her post after more than two years, according to the NY Post’s Page Six.
If you recall, Placas’ hiring at Essence was very controversial. Placas, who is white, in 2010 upset the mostly African-American readers/subscribers of the publication. Some of felt Essence should have sought out a black editor.
Sources told the Post that her departure had less to do with race and more to do with her butting heads with editor-in-chief Constance White.
“They had different visions for fashion coverage,” said one. An Essence spokesperson confirmed to Page Six that Placas has left the company. A search for her replacement is ongoing. We could be wrong, but we think she’ll probably be a sista.
If you forgot how the drama went down back in 2010, check out this CNN video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here