This should make a lot of Essence fans happy.
Essence fashion director Ellianna Placas has been let go from her post after more than two years, according to the NY Post’s Page Six.
If you recall, Placas’ hiring at Essence was very controversial. Placas, who is white, in 2010 upset the mostly African-American readers/subscribers of the publication. Some of felt Essence should have sought out a black editor.
Sources told the Post that her departure had less to do with race and more to do with her butting heads with editor-in-chief Constance White.
“They had different visions for fashion coverage,” said one. An Essence spokesperson confirmed to Page Six that Placas has left the company. A search for her replacement is ongoing. We could be wrong, but we think she’ll probably be a sista.
If you forgot how the drama went down back in 2010, check out this CNN video report:
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here