This should make a lot of Essence fans happy.
Essence fashion director Ellianna Placas has been let go from her post after more than two years, according to the NY Post’s Page Six.
If you recall, Placas’ hiring at Essence was very controversial. Placas, who is white, in 2010 upset the mostly African-American readers/subscribers of the publication. Some of felt Essence should have sought out a black editor.
Sources told the Post that her departure had less to do with race and more to do with her butting heads with editor-in-chief Constance White.
“They had different visions for fashion coverage,” said one. An Essence spokesperson confirmed to Page Six that Placas has left the company. A search for her replacement is ongoing. We could be wrong, but we think she’ll probably be a sista.
If you forgot how the drama went down back in 2010, check out this CNN video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here