This should make a lot of Essence fans happy.
Essence fashion director Ellianna Placas has been let go from her post after more than two years, according to the NY Post’s Page Six.
If you recall, Placas’ hiring at Essence was very controversial. Placas, who is white, in 2010 upset the mostly African-American readers/subscribers of the publication. Some of felt Essence should have sought out a black editor.
Sources told the Post that her departure had less to do with race and more to do with her butting heads with editor-in-chief Constance White.
“They had different visions for fashion coverage,” said one. An Essence spokesperson confirmed to Page Six that Placas has left the company. A search for her replacement is ongoing. We could be wrong, but we think she’ll probably be a sista.
If you forgot how the drama went down back in 2010, check out this CNN video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here