This should make a lot of Essence fans happy.
Essence fashion director Ellianna Placas has been let go from her post after more than two years, according to the NY Post’s Page Six.
If you recall, Placas’ hiring at Essence was very controversial. Placas, who is white, in 2010 upset the mostly African-American readers/subscribers of the publication. Some of felt Essence should have sought out a black editor.
Sources told the Post that her departure had less to do with race and more to do with her butting heads with editor-in-chief Constance White.
“They had different visions for fashion coverage,” said one. An Essence spokesperson confirmed to Page Six that Placas has left the company. A search for her replacement is ongoing. We could be wrong, but we think she’ll probably be a sista.
If you forgot how the drama went down back in 2010, check out this CNN video report:
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here