*The numbers are in for the 2012 Essence Music Festival.
413,000 is the number festival officials came up with as the total attendance number for the nighttime concerts and free daytime seminars.
And that’s where the numbers become interesting. According to the AP, it doesn’t mean 413,000 different people showed up at both the convention center for the day time activities or the Super Dome for the concerts. The bottom line is that people were counted multiple times in the calculation of total attendance.
Also, attendance figures for the daytime seminars at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center are estimates. No tickets were required for the free events at the convention center.
In 2011, the attendance figure was announced as 422,000.
Like EURweb on Facebook
When it comes to pulling power, of the 3 nights of concerts, the largest crowd turned out Saturday night for Mary J. Blige. The smallest was on Sunday for Aretha Franklin. On the other hand, a lot of folks left town on Sunday to be back at work on Monday.
In case you’re wondering, next year July 4th is on a Thursday annnnd the 2013 Essence Festival is scheduled for July 4-7.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here