*The numbers are in for the 2012 Essence Music Festival.
413,000 is the number festival officials came up with as the total attendance number for the nighttime concerts and free daytime seminars.
And that’s where the numbers become interesting. According to the AP, it doesn’t mean 413,000 different people showed up at both the convention center for the day time activities or the Super Dome for the concerts. The bottom line is that people were counted multiple times in the calculation of total attendance.
Also, attendance figures for the daytime seminars at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center are estimates. No tickets were required for the free events at the convention center.
In 2011, the attendance figure was announced as 422,000.
Like EURweb on Facebook
When it comes to pulling power, of the 3 nights of concerts, the largest crowd turned out Saturday night for Mary J. Blige. The smallest was on Sunday for Aretha Franklin. On the other hand, a lot of folks left town on Sunday to be back at work on Monday.
In case you’re wondering, next year July 4th is on a Thursday annnnd the 2013 Essence Festival is scheduled for July 4-7.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here