*The numbers are in for the 2012 Essence Music Festival.
413,000 is the number festival officials came up with as the total attendance number for the nighttime concerts and free daytime seminars.
And that’s where the numbers become interesting. According to the AP, it doesn’t mean 413,000 different people showed up at both the convention center for the day time activities or the Super Dome for the concerts. The bottom line is that people were counted multiple times in the calculation of total attendance.
Also, attendance figures for the daytime seminars at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center are estimates. No tickets were required for the free events at the convention center.
In 2011, the attendance figure was announced as 422,000.
Like EURweb on Facebook
When it comes to pulling power, of the 3 nights of concerts, the largest crowd turned out Saturday night for Mary J. Blige. The smallest was on Sunday for Aretha Franklin. On the other hand, a lot of folks left town on Sunday to be back at work on Monday.
In case you’re wondering, next year July 4th is on a Thursday annnnd the 2013 Essence Festival is scheduled for July 4-7.
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here