*A woman is driven to the breaking point by her cheating and emotionally abusive boyfriend before finding the self-esteem to kick him to the curb in the new novel, “If All Men Cheat, All Women Should Too!”
“This book is not glorifying cheating,” declares author LaShonda DeVaughn, who has written and published a total of five books through her own imprint, LSDV Productions, including the popular “A Hood Chick’s Story” trilogy. DeVaughn says she was inspired to pen “If All Men Cheat…” after hearing one too many of her male friends praise the cheating double standard in relationships.
“Men say it all the time, ‘All men are dogs, but my wife, she’s not leaving me if I cheat on her. If she leaves me, the next man is going to do the same thing to her.’ So I’m like, okay, I’m going to play off that stereotype,” she told EURweb in an exclusive interview. “So if all men cheat, all women cheat, too.”
The story follows Janae, an admissions officer at Clark-Atlanta University who falls for ruggedly handsome construction worker, Tae. Although he claims to love her, Tae has not stopped seeing other women. To boot, he belittles Janae. But with no family and few friends, she absorbs his verbal blows – just to hang onto him. But a series of events take place in which she finally discovers her dignity and self-respect.
Below, DeVaughn says there’s much more to the story than the book’s title suggests.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here