*A woman is driven to the breaking point by her cheating and emotionally abusive boyfriend before finding the self-esteem to kick him to the curb in the new novel, “If All Men Cheat, All Women Should Too!”
“This book is not glorifying cheating,” declares author LaShonda DeVaughn, who has written and published a total of five books through her own imprint, LSDV Productions, including the popular “A Hood Chick’s Story” trilogy. DeVaughn says she was inspired to pen “If All Men Cheat…” after hearing one too many of her male friends praise the cheating double standard in relationships.
“Men say it all the time, ‘All men are dogs, but my wife, she’s not leaving me if I cheat on her. If she leaves me, the next man is going to do the same thing to her.’ So I’m like, okay, I’m going to play off that stereotype,” she told EURweb in an exclusive interview. “So if all men cheat, all women cheat, too.”
The story follows Janae, an admissions officer at Clark-Atlanta University who falls for ruggedly handsome construction worker, Tae. Although he claims to love her, Tae has not stopped seeing other women. To boot, he belittles Janae. But with no family and few friends, she absorbs his verbal blows – just to hang onto him. But a series of events take place in which she finally discovers her dignity and self-respect.
Below, DeVaughn says there’s much more to the story than the book’s title suggests.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here