*Not every woman out there is built to be a dancer in a rap video. It’s just the truth.
People come in all shapes and sizes, and most will never be blessed with those skin-deep traits that would allow you to gain five minutes of fame dancing behind Lil’ Wayne or Kanye in some random video.
Lord, though, that hasn’t stopped some women from trying to unnaturally sculpt themselves into one of these large-rumped backup dancers in rather disturbing ways. Check out this story of a 30-year-old dancer, Vanity Wonder, who spent $16,000 on injections for her backside. That’s sixteen grand.
Think of how many worthy, helpful things that would buy in its stead. Even worse, the injections caused an infection that left her rear feeling like a “sack of oranges.” Lovely. That’s not even the worst injection story that’s popped up over the last year or so. If you can stand it, take a look at this absolutely terrifying story out of Florida – where a woman dropped $1500 on injections from a sketchy “plastic surgeon” who shot her backside full of bathroom caulking. Yikes.
Please, for all that is holy, let this disturbing trend go the way of the Dodo bird. Plastic surgery, injections, implants – they’re all just patches on deep-seated problems and insecurities. Sure, they might give you a good, superficial feeling when you look in the mirror, but that feeling is the definition of fleeting.
Remember the old words of advice, “grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference?” Well, in this case, any woman thinking about this surgery needs a gigantic dose of wisdom. Accept what you cannot change. Be yourself, and it’s a guarantee that you’ll be a thousand times happier with that than you ever would with some kind of disturbing surgery.
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Fo Yo Soul Recordings/RCA Signs Christon Gray
- Nick Gordon Hires Casey Anthony’s Lawyer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here