While many looked at it as a possible death sentence for his career when it comes to straight male R&B fans, many looked at it as a watershed moment for Hip-Hop.
Essence writer Demetria Lucas takes on the Frank Ocean announcement and what’s next for the popular singer.
Did I miss a memo? Last week, Anderson Cooper and Frank Ocean, a singer from the hip-hop collective Odd Future, both opened the door on the sexuality closet and came “out.” On Monday, Cooper confirmed via email to the Daily Beast’s Andrew Sullivan that he was proud and gay. It was news we already “knew” — or at least strongly speculated about, since Cooper hadn’t previously confirmed.
News sites ran wild with headlines screaming “Anderson’s Gay!” as if he were the first news anchor to come out (uh, Don Lemon, anyone?). But for many Cooper fans, the reaction fell somewhere between “Congratulations!” and “Yes, and water is wet. What else is new?”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here