While many looked at it as a possible death sentence for his career when it comes to straight male R&B fans, many looked at it as a watershed moment for Hip-Hop.
Essence writer Demetria Lucas takes on the Frank Ocean announcement and what’s next for the popular singer.
Did I miss a memo? Last week, Anderson Cooper and Frank Ocean, a singer from the hip-hop collective Odd Future, both opened the door on the sexuality closet and came “out.” On Monday, Cooper confirmed via email to the Daily Beast’s Andrew Sullivan that he was proud and gay. It was news we already “knew” — or at least strongly speculated about, since Cooper hadn’t previously confirmed.
News sites ran wild with headlines screaming “Anderson’s Gay!” as if he were the first news anchor to come out (uh, Don Lemon, anyone?). But for many Cooper fans, the reaction fell somewhere between “Congratulations!” and “Yes, and water is wet. What else is new?”
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here