*EUR has received a communiqué from George Duke responding to the interest in his wife Corine’s recent passing.
George’s message is below.
To one and all:
I would like to thank all of you for your sentiments during this time of great loss for my family! Having said that I hope you will understand when I say that Corine was not one who enjoyed the spotlight or pomp and circumstance. Therefore in keeping with her wishes we will have a private immediate family only funeral service at Forest Lawn in the Hollywood Hills on Tuesday July 24th 2:30pm at the Old North Church. You are certainly welcome to send flowers or any correspondence but I respectfully request that you not plan to attend in order to allow for my family to mourn and grieve in private. Personally, though I am completely heartbroken, I am OK though I can’t stop weeping. I will come up for air eventually but please allow me time. The response to Corine’s passing has been overwhelming and it is obvious that she was dearly loved by so many and for that I am proud and thankful. I love you all and eventually will be my same old jolly self in the not too distant future – though I will NEVER forget this life altering moment and will never be the same again….George Duke
We send our best wishes to George and his family.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fans Blast Nicki Minaj's Narcissistic Reaction to Zendaya’s Barbie
- Kanye Performing at DNC Fundraiser, Kim Expecting Son on Christmas Day
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here