*The man who broke into a DeKalb County church and raped a woman pleaded guilty to the crimes Friday in court and was sentenced to two life sentences, reports AJC.
John Russell Carver (pictured), 51, pleaded guilty to multiple charges, including rape, armed robbery, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, burglary and possession of a knife during commission of a felony, according to Erik Burton in the DeKalb County District Attorney’s office.
Judge Asha Jackson sentenced Carver to two consecutive life sentences plus 115 years behind bars for the crimes.
“This was an extremely violent and vicious act,” District Attorney Robert James said. “He brutally attacked and raped a woman in a local church. Hopefully this guilty plea will bring resolve for both the victim of this crime and the community affected by this monstrous act.”
Read the full story here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here