*The man who broke into a DeKalb County church and raped a woman pleaded guilty to the crimes Friday in court and was sentenced to two life sentences, reports AJC.
John Russell Carver (pictured), 51, pleaded guilty to multiple charges, including rape, armed robbery, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, burglary and possession of a knife during commission of a felony, according to Erik Burton in the DeKalb County District Attorney’s office.
Judge Asha Jackson sentenced Carver to two consecutive life sentences plus 115 years behind bars for the crimes.
“This was an extremely violent and vicious act,” District Attorney Robert James said. “He brutally attacked and raped a woman in a local church. Hopefully this guilty plea will bring resolve for both the victim of this crime and the community affected by this monstrous act.”
Read the full story here.
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here