*The man who broke into a DeKalb County church and raped a woman pleaded guilty to the crimes Friday in court and was sentenced to two life sentences, reports AJC.
John Russell Carver (pictured), 51, pleaded guilty to multiple charges, including rape, armed robbery, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, burglary and possession of a knife during commission of a felony, according to Erik Burton in the DeKalb County District Attorney’s office.
Judge Asha Jackson sentenced Carver to two consecutive life sentences plus 115 years behind bars for the crimes.
“This was an extremely violent and vicious act,” District Attorney Robert James said. “He brutally attacked and raped a woman in a local church. Hopefully this guilty plea will bring resolve for both the victim of this crime and the community affected by this monstrous act.”
Read the full story here.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here