*The man who broke into a DeKalb County church and raped a woman pleaded guilty to the crimes Friday in court and was sentenced to two life sentences, reports AJC.
John Russell Carver (pictured), 51, pleaded guilty to multiple charges, including rape, armed robbery, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, burglary and possession of a knife during commission of a felony, according to Erik Burton in the DeKalb County District Attorney’s office.
Judge Asha Jackson sentenced Carver to two consecutive life sentences plus 115 years behind bars for the crimes.
“This was an extremely violent and vicious act,” District Attorney Robert James said. “He brutally attacked and raped a woman in a local church. Hopefully this guilty plea will bring resolve for both the victim of this crime and the community affected by this monstrous act.”
Read the full story here.
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here