*Beginning next month, fans of Whitney Houston will be able to view her memorabilia at L.A. Live’s Grammy Museum in Los Angeles.
The “Whitney! Celebrating the Musical Legacy of Whitney Houston” exhibit, which is expected to run from Aug. 15 through February 2013 in the Special Exhibits Gallery, will be the first since her death in February dedicated to Houston.
Items on display will include the white beaded gown she wore at the 1994 Grammy Awards when she won album of the year for “The Bodyguard” soundtrack, as well as photographs, albums, scrapbooks, concert posters and her Bible.
Artists and musicians who have worked with or have been influenced by Houston, her family and friends were also interviewed for the exhibit.
“This exhibit is a token of appreciation from our family for Whitney’s fans to enjoy and embrace,” Houston’s manager Pat Houston said in a statement to the Los Angeles Times. “We hope they are as elated as we are to have shared in such a remarkable life.”
“We are particularly excited to showcase her long connection to the Grammy Awards show and to celebrate the musical genius that made her one of America’s most-awarded pop and soul vocalists,” said Grammy Museum executive director Robert Santelli.
Houston died at age 48 on Feb. 11, the day before the Grammy Awards were held.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here