*The last film shot by late rapper Heavy D is set to be released in 2013, reports Sister 2 Sister magazine.
The rapper, born Dwight Arrington Myers, plays Archbishop Scroop in “H4,”a modern take on William Shakespeare’s Henry IV.
His co-star Terrell Tilford told Sister 2 Sister that Heav had some reservations about taking the role because of the film’s language. He recalls telling Heavy D, “The language is really the same. We all speak in a particular rhythm. Just trust it.”
The late entertainer agreed to tackle the task and with help from Tilford and fellow cast member Harry Lennix, he was able to pull off the role.
Tilford says, “We just hammered it out, worked through it, and the brother turned in a beautiful performance.”
“H4” is expected to be released in the spring.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here