*The last film shot by late rapper Heavy D is set to be released in 2013, reports Sister 2 Sister magazine.
The rapper, born Dwight Arrington Myers, plays Archbishop Scroop in “H4,”a modern take on William Shakespeare’s Henry IV.
His co-star Terrell Tilford told Sister 2 Sister that Heav had some reservations about taking the role because of the film’s language. He recalls telling Heavy D, “The language is really the same. We all speak in a particular rhythm. Just trust it.”
The late entertainer agreed to tackle the task and with help from Tilford and fellow cast member Harry Lennix, he was able to pull off the role.
Tilford says, “We just hammered it out, worked through it, and the brother turned in a beautiful performance.”
“H4” is expected to be released in the spring.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- New, Longer Trailer for HBO’s ‘Confirmation’ (Watch)
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here