*The last film shot by late rapper Heavy D is set to be released in 2013, reports Sister 2 Sister magazine.
The rapper, born Dwight Arrington Myers, plays Archbishop Scroop in “H4,”a modern take on William Shakespeare’s Henry IV.
His co-star Terrell Tilford told Sister 2 Sister that Heav had some reservations about taking the role because of the film’s language. He recalls telling Heavy D, “The language is really the same. We all speak in a particular rhythm. Just trust it.”
The late entertainer agreed to tackle the task and with help from Tilford and fellow cast member Harry Lennix, he was able to pull off the role.
Tilford says, “We just hammered it out, worked through it, and the brother turned in a beautiful performance.”
“H4” is expected to be released in the spring.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here