*The last film shot by late rapper Heavy D is set to be released in 2013, reports Sister 2 Sister magazine.
The rapper, born Dwight Arrington Myers, plays Archbishop Scroop in “H4,”a modern take on William Shakespeare’s Henry IV.
His co-star Terrell Tilford told Sister 2 Sister that Heav had some reservations about taking the role because of the film’s language. He recalls telling Heavy D, “The language is really the same. We all speak in a particular rhythm. Just trust it.”
The late entertainer agreed to tackle the task and with help from Tilford and fellow cast member Harry Lennix, he was able to pull off the role.
Tilford says, “We just hammered it out, worked through it, and the brother turned in a beautiful performance.”
“H4” is expected to be released in the spring.
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- IK Enemkpali Once Punched Man He Thought Was a Female Prostitute
- Hillary Clinton Disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Cleveland (Video)
- Ex NFLer Jonathan Martin Talks of Suicide Attempts, Never Being ‘Black Enough’
- Angie Stone & Daughter Address Violent Fight with T.D. Jakes (WATCH)
- MSNBC Moves Rev. Al Sharpton’s ‘PoliticsNation’ to Sunday Mornings
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here