Friday on “Fox and Friends,” former Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain sa that while he is grateful for the past work of the NAACP, the organization has “lost its relevance.”
“It’s looking for its relevance in all of the wrong places. There used to be a war. And we won that war on civil rights. Are there some battles? Yes, there will always be. I believe that their new focus should be economic development, but they have not made that transition, so they have simply lost their relevance,” Cain said.
Cain blamed a “double standard” for the negative reaction toward Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney during his speech at the NAACP annual convention Wednesday:
“There’s a double standard, just like there was a double standard all the way back when President Obama was Candidate Obama … because many people in that audience are liberal-thinking and they are basically overlooking the failure of this president and this administration.”
Read/learn more at The Hill.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Azealia Banks Advises Beyonce to 'Stay Under Jay-z’s Foot'
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here