According to a NY Post report, Idris Elba, Chris Rock, and Jamie Foxx are all in the running to get the top spot in Paul Feig’s remake of the French film, “The Intouchables.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
All three men are very capable of playing any role. But who is most qualified for the character?
Chris Rock playing a suave romantic could be a questionable move for the actor, but he’s transitioning from funny man roles to more serious parts. Foxx has had his moment as a serious man, but Elba, well we don’t have to say much about him.
The original film, which opened in the US on May 25, is about a wealthy man who hires a guy from the projects to be his caretaker following a paralyzing accident. Colin Firth is in talks to play aristocrat Phillipe, and Michelle Williams and Jessica Chastain are in the mix for the female lead, says the New York Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here