According to a NY Post report, Idris Elba, Chris Rock, and Jamie Foxx are all in the running to get the top spot in Paul Feig’s remake of the French film, “The Intouchables.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
All three men are very capable of playing any role. But who is most qualified for the character?
Chris Rock playing a suave romantic could be a questionable move for the actor, but he’s transitioning from funny man roles to more serious parts. Foxx has had his moment as a serious man, but Elba, well we don’t have to say much about him.
The original film, which opened in the US on May 25, is about a wealthy man who hires a guy from the projects to be his caretaker following a paralyzing accident. Colin Firth is in talks to play aristocrat Phillipe, and Michelle Williams and Jessica Chastain are in the mix for the female lead, says the New York Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Natalie Cole Cancels Fall Tour, Cites 'Medical Procedure'
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here