According to a NY Post report, Idris Elba, Chris Rock, and Jamie Foxx are all in the running to get the top spot in Paul Feig’s remake of the French film, “The Intouchables.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
All three men are very capable of playing any role. But who is most qualified for the character?
Chris Rock playing a suave romantic could be a questionable move for the actor, but he’s transitioning from funny man roles to more serious parts. Foxx has had his moment as a serious man, but Elba, well we don’t have to say much about him.
The original film, which opened in the US on May 25, is about a wealthy man who hires a guy from the projects to be his caretaker following a paralyzing accident. Colin Firth is in talks to play aristocrat Phillipe, and Michelle Williams and Jessica Chastain are in the mix for the female lead, says the New York Post.
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here