According to a NY Post report, Idris Elba, Chris Rock, and Jamie Foxx are all in the running to get the top spot in Paul Feig’s remake of the French film, “The Intouchables.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
All three men are very capable of playing any role. But who is most qualified for the character?
Chris Rock playing a suave romantic could be a questionable move for the actor, but he’s transitioning from funny man roles to more serious parts. Foxx has had his moment as a serious man, but Elba, well we don’t have to say much about him.
The original film, which opened in the US on May 25, is about a wealthy man who hires a guy from the projects to be his caretaker following a paralyzing accident. Colin Firth is in talks to play aristocrat Phillipe, and Michelle Williams and Jessica Chastain are in the mix for the female lead, says the New York Post.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here