*Will and Jada Pinkett Smith went to Washington today with their 11-year-old daughter Willow to testify before Congress on the horrors of human trafficking and modern slavery.
As previously reported, Jada says Willow alerted her to the issue and encouraged her to launch a campaign to raise awareness and spur action.
As Will and Willow looked on, Jada testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, urging them to step up the fight against trafficking in the U.S. and abroad. The hearing was called to discuss what tools are available to combat trafficking over the next decade.
Pinkett Smith said human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
All three had on t-shirts under blazers. Jada and Will’s tee read “Free Slaves.” At one point, Will gave his grey plaid sports jacket to Willow, who was wearing a black hat but needed more protection in the chilly hearing room, notes USA Today.
In a photo tweeted from the hearing, Willow is sitting behind Sen. John Kerry’s nameplate and holding a gavel up in the air.
“I’m getting radical on human trafficking!!!” she wrote.
Watch footage of their testimony below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here