*Will and Jada Pinkett Smith went to Washington today with their 11-year-old daughter Willow to testify before Congress on the horrors of human trafficking and modern slavery.
As previously reported, Jada says Willow alerted her to the issue and encouraged her to launch a campaign to raise awareness and spur action.
As Will and Willow looked on, Jada testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, urging them to step up the fight against trafficking in the U.S. and abroad. The hearing was called to discuss what tools are available to combat trafficking over the next decade.
Pinkett Smith said human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
All three had on t-shirts under blazers. Jada and Will’s tee read “Free Slaves.” At one point, Will gave his grey plaid sports jacket to Willow, who was wearing a black hat but needed more protection in the chilly hearing room, notes USA Today.
In a photo tweeted from the hearing, Willow is sitting behind Sen. John Kerry’s nameplate and holding a gavel up in the air.
“I’m getting radical on human trafficking!!!” she wrote.
Watch footage of their testimony below.
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here