*Will and Jada Pinkett Smith went to Washington today with their 11-year-old daughter Willow to testify before Congress on the horrors of human trafficking and modern slavery.
As previously reported, Jada says Willow alerted her to the issue and encouraged her to launch a campaign to raise awareness and spur action.
As Will and Willow looked on, Jada testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, urging them to step up the fight against trafficking in the U.S. and abroad. The hearing was called to discuss what tools are available to combat trafficking over the next decade.
Pinkett Smith said human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
All three had on t-shirts under blazers. Jada and Will’s tee read “Free Slaves.” At one point, Will gave his grey plaid sports jacket to Willow, who was wearing a black hat but needed more protection in the chilly hearing room, notes USA Today.
In a photo tweeted from the hearing, Willow is sitting behind Sen. John Kerry’s nameplate and holding a gavel up in the air.
“I’m getting radical on human trafficking!!!” she wrote.
Watch footage of their testimony below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here