*Will and Jada Pinkett Smith went to Washington today with their 11-year-old daughter Willow to testify before Congress on the horrors of human trafficking and modern slavery.
As previously reported, Jada says Willow alerted her to the issue and encouraged her to launch a campaign to raise awareness and spur action.
As Will and Willow looked on, Jada testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, urging them to step up the fight against trafficking in the U.S. and abroad. The hearing was called to discuss what tools are available to combat trafficking over the next decade.
Pinkett Smith said human slavery “robs us of the thing we value most, our freedom.”
All three had on t-shirts under blazers. Jada and Will’s tee read “Free Slaves.” At one point, Will gave his grey plaid sports jacket to Willow, who was wearing a black hat but needed more protection in the chilly hearing room, notes USA Today.
In a photo tweeted from the hearing, Willow is sitting behind Sen. John Kerry’s nameplate and holding a gavel up in the air.
“I’m getting radical on human trafficking!!!” she wrote.
Watch footage of their testimony below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Former Atlanta Vice Mayor Lisa Borders Named New WNBA President
- Does Bernie Sanders Meeting Al Sharpton Equal More Black Voter Support?
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here