*Janet Jackson is said to be “furious” that her niece Paris, the daughter of her late brother Michael, has a role in the upcoming film, “Lundon’s Bridge and the Three Keys.”
Us Weekly is reporting that Jackson “feels it goes against Michael’s wishes to keep his kids out of the limelight until age 18,” according to a source who spoke with the magazine.
As previously reported, the 14-year-old was cast in December, with Janet expressing concern even then.
“We’ve spoken about the fact that you’re only a child once,” Janet told Prevention magazine in May. “I think there’s a time for everything, and now is not the time [to act in films]. I told her I thought she should enjoy being a kid, possibly go to college—or not—but wait till she turns 18. She’s a very tough, smart girl. But it’s a cutthroat industry. I wouldn’t want my child to do it.”
Although Michael’s children, Paris, Prince, and Blanket, lived completely removed from the public eye while their father was alive — he even made them wear masks and veils when out in public — they were thrust into the spotlight when Michael died in 2009.
Still, Paris has always dreamed of emulating her father.
“When I was really little, my dad was in the movie ‘Moonwalker’ and I knew he could sing really well, but I didn’t know he could act,” Paris Jackson told Ellen DeGeneres in an interview last December. “I saw that and I said, ‘Wow, I want to be just like him.’”
- Adrian Peterson is the Father, Says Massage Therapist
- Al Roker’s ‘Wake Up With Al’ Show Cancelled Over Email Fight
- 53rd New York Film Festival Headed for Another Great Run
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Dorien Wilson is ‘In The Cut’ on Bounce TV with Jackee’ Harry
- Celebs U Wish U Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here