*Despite the blazing heat, Jazz/R&B fans – over 30,00 of them – came with picnic baskets, coolers, umbrellas, in summer fashions and summer hats to attend Omega Events’ 17th Annual JazzFest West this past weekend, July 21 & 22.
With the weather in the 90s, paramedics were kept busy, but as the day wore on and evening came, the temps cooled and so the festival goers began to settle in … enjoying their food drinks and needless to say, the entertainment.
The two day festival with a SOLD OUT Saturday show included the sounds of jazz and R&B award winning artists, Kem, Will Downing, Chaka Khan, Dave Koz, Kenny G, Jill Scott, Charlie Wilson, BeBe Winana and many more. The buzz word, so to speak, is that it was the “Best Show” ever for the Omega Events summer festival series.
In addition, the festival hosts, Pat Prescott (94.7 The Wave) and Bubba as well as DJ Jonathan held down the stage and immediate area with giveaways and lots of fun music between the live acts for folks to get their groove on to.
This year, the festival was well organized and complete with park-n-ride service. Added features included a variety of vendors, blowers that sprayed cool water to cool you off from the heat and additional staff members and volunteers to support the thirty thousand plus festival goers who were in attendance over the two-day event. It just keep-on getting better every year.
We can hardly wait until next year. For more info on Jazz Fest West and their other events, visit www.omegaevents.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here