What seemed like disarray, was actually the seeds that helped her to conceive the first single from her upcoming album, The Awakening. ‘Faith Not Fear‘ offers a vibrant message about overcoming the test and trials that all of humanity faces.
Laura defines it as “a kind of marching band anthem with a beat box tempo.” The debut song and upcoming album was co-written and produced by the two-time Grammy-award winning songwriter/producer SHANNON SANDERS (India.Arie/John Legend/Pink).
From her native South Africa, to her current city Nashville, Laura Reed’s travels have taught her that faith is an action word. As an artist that has been captivating audiences for many years with her “slow-cooked soul music recipe”, Laura Reed’s sound and style is reminiscent of iconic music trendsetters like Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill and the late Amy Winehouse.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here