*Contemporary jazz artist Rita Edmond is a sultry delight and one of the entries in the Sarah Vaughan Competition held by Indaba Music. Just one listen reveals why Ms. Edmond is more than a serious contender. Click here for a dazzling burst of vocal majesty at the Indaba Music profile page.
The International Sarah Vaughan Competition is also presented by the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Jazz Roots, and public radio station WBGO in Newark, New Jersey in honor of the illustrious Ms. Sarah Vaughan, a native of Newark who rose to become an international jazz icon. A win for Rita Edmond means claiming a $5,000 prize and a performance as the opening act at the February 2013 Jazz Roots concert in NJPAC’s Prudential Hall. The judges include Dee Dee Bridgewater, Jon Hendricks, Melissa Walker, Michael Bourne, and Larry Rosen. The entry deadline is August 15, 2012.
Rita’s submissions are “Here’s to Life,” “This Can’t Be Love,” and “It Might As Well Be Spring.” Rita is a native of Ohio, who has performed in Las Vegas, Paris, Monte Carlo, Italy and locally in Los Angeles. For more on Rita Edmond visit www.RitaEdmond.com.
EURweb Jazzy In July fans can VOTE HERE for Rita Edmond in the Sarah Vaughan competition!
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here