*Contemporary jazz artist Rita Edmond is a sultry delight and one of the entries in the Sarah Vaughan Competition held by Indaba Music. Just one listen reveals why Ms. Edmond is more than a serious contender. Click here for a dazzling burst of vocal majesty at the Indaba Music profile page.
The International Sarah Vaughan Competition is also presented by the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Jazz Roots, and public radio station WBGO in Newark, New Jersey in honor of the illustrious Ms. Sarah Vaughan, a native of Newark who rose to become an international jazz icon. A win for Rita Edmond means claiming a $5,000 prize and a performance as the opening act at the February 2013 Jazz Roots concert in NJPAC’s Prudential Hall. The judges include Dee Dee Bridgewater, Jon Hendricks, Melissa Walker, Michael Bourne, and Larry Rosen. The entry deadline is August 15, 2012.
Rita’s submissions are “Here’s to Life,” “This Can’t Be Love,” and “It Might As Well Be Spring.” Rita is a native of Ohio, who has performed in Las Vegas, Paris, Monte Carlo, Italy and locally in Los Angeles. For more on Rita Edmond visit www.RitaEdmond.com.
EURweb Jazzy In July fans can VOTE HERE for Rita Edmond in the Sarah Vaughan competition!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here