*Contemporary jazz artist Rita Edmond is a sultry delight and one of the entries in the Sarah Vaughan Competition held by Indaba Music. Just one listen reveals why Ms. Edmond is more than a serious contender. Click here for a dazzling burst of vocal majesty at the Indaba Music profile page.
The International Sarah Vaughan Competition is also presented by the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Jazz Roots, and public radio station WBGO in Newark, New Jersey in honor of the illustrious Ms. Sarah Vaughan, a native of Newark who rose to become an international jazz icon. A win for Rita Edmond means claiming a $5,000 prize and a performance as the opening act at the February 2013 Jazz Roots concert in NJPAC’s Prudential Hall. The judges include Dee Dee Bridgewater, Jon Hendricks, Melissa Walker, Michael Bourne, and Larry Rosen. The entry deadline is August 15, 2012.
Rita’s submissions are “Here’s to Life,” “This Can’t Be Love,” and “It Might As Well Be Spring.” Rita is a native of Ohio, who has performed in Las Vegas, Paris, Monte Carlo, Italy and locally in Los Angeles. For more on Rita Edmond visit www.RitaEdmond.com.
EURweb Jazzy In July fans can VOTE HERE for Rita Edmond in the Sarah Vaughan competition!
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here