*Writer, producer Dwayne “Smitty” Smith hails from Washington, D.C. where he traded baseball for an electric bass at age twelve. Smitty later spent a melodious tour of duty with the U. S. Air Force, then returned to D.C. as bassist for the popular Larry Seals Quartet.
Next Smitty was off to tinsel town landing a spot on Anita Baker’s “Rapture” tour. He has laid prolific bass lines for Natalie Cole, Boney James, Jeff Lorber, George Howard, Everette Harp, Gerald Albright, Teena Marie, Will Downing, Wayne Henderson, Euge Groove, Ron Brown, Kirk Whalum, Lee Ritenaur, Rachelle Ferrell, Peabo Bryson, Doc Powell, Brenda Russell, Deniece Williams, Phillip Bailey, Jeffrey Osborne, Norman Brown, Boney James, Ron Brown and that’s the short list.
Smitty’s Debut CD “This Is Me” is another chapter in his amazing career. Influenced by Marcus Miller, Jaco Pastorius and Larry Graham, “This Is Me” is evidence of why this humble side man is also a star in his own right.
The album is available through all music outlets. Smitty is currently in the studio working a new project which is due in the fall.
Fans can follow Smitty Smith on Facebook.
Experience MORE Jazzy in July artists HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here