*Writer, producer Dwayne “Smitty” Smith hails from Washington, D.C. where he traded baseball for an electric bass at age twelve. Smitty later spent a melodious tour of duty with the U. S. Air Force, then returned to D.C. as bassist for the popular Larry Seals Quartet.
Next Smitty was off to tinsel town landing a spot on Anita Baker’s “Rapture” tour. He has laid prolific bass lines for Natalie Cole, Boney James, Jeff Lorber, George Howard, Everette Harp, Gerald Albright, Teena Marie, Will Downing, Wayne Henderson, Euge Groove, Ron Brown, Kirk Whalum, Lee Ritenaur, Rachelle Ferrell, Peabo Bryson, Doc Powell, Brenda Russell, Deniece Williams, Phillip Bailey, Jeffrey Osborne, Norman Brown, Boney James, Ron Brown and that’s the short list.
Smitty’s Debut CD “This Is Me” is another chapter in his amazing career. Influenced by Marcus Miller, Jaco Pastorius and Larry Graham, “This Is Me” is evidence of why this humble side man is also a star in his own right.
The album is available through all music outlets. Smitty is currently in the studio working a new project which is due in the fall.
Fans can follow Smitty Smith on Facebook.
Experience MORE Jazzy in July artists HERE.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here