*Writer, producer Dwayne “Smitty” Smith hails from Washington, D.C. where he traded baseball for an electric bass at age twelve. Smitty later spent a melodious tour of duty with the U. S. Air Force, then returned to D.C. as bassist for the popular Larry Seals Quartet.
Next Smitty was off to tinsel town landing a spot on Anita Baker’s “Rapture” tour. He has laid prolific bass lines for Natalie Cole, Boney James, Jeff Lorber, George Howard, Everette Harp, Gerald Albright, Teena Marie, Will Downing, Wayne Henderson, Euge Groove, Ron Brown, Kirk Whalum, Lee Ritenaur, Rachelle Ferrell, Peabo Bryson, Doc Powell, Brenda Russell, Deniece Williams, Phillip Bailey, Jeffrey Osborne, Norman Brown, Boney James, Ron Brown and that’s the short list.
Smitty’s Debut CD “This Is Me” is another chapter in his amazing career. Influenced by Marcus Miller, Jaco Pastorius and Larry Graham, “This Is Me” is evidence of why this humble side man is also a star in his own right.
The album is available through all music outlets. Smitty is currently in the studio working a new project which is due in the fall.
Fans can follow Smitty Smith on Facebook.
Experience MORE Jazzy in July artists HERE.
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here