*Writer, producer Dwayne “Smitty” Smith hails from Washington, D.C. where he traded baseball for an electric bass at age twelve. Smitty later spent a melodious tour of duty with the U. S. Air Force, then returned to D.C. as bassist for the popular Larry Seals Quartet.
Next Smitty was off to tinsel town landing a spot on Anita Baker’s “Rapture” tour. He has laid prolific bass lines for Natalie Cole, Boney James, Jeff Lorber, George Howard, Everette Harp, Gerald Albright, Teena Marie, Will Downing, Wayne Henderson, Euge Groove, Ron Brown, Kirk Whalum, Lee Ritenaur, Rachelle Ferrell, Peabo Bryson, Doc Powell, Brenda Russell, Deniece Williams, Phillip Bailey, Jeffrey Osborne, Norman Brown, Boney James, Ron Brown and that’s the short list.
Smitty’s Debut CD “This Is Me” is another chapter in his amazing career. Influenced by Marcus Miller, Jaco Pastorius and Larry Graham, “This Is Me” is evidence of why this humble side man is also a star in his own right.
The album is available through all music outlets. Smitty is currently in the studio working a new project which is due in the fall.
Fans can follow Smitty Smith on Facebook.
Experience MORE Jazzy in July artists HERE.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here