Carroll spoke on the issue Saturday in Orange Park, Florida at the opening of a campaign office for Mitt Romney.
As we reported, Carletha Cole claims she walked in on a sexual encounter between Carroll and Carroll’s travel aide, Beatriz Ramos. Cole worked as an administrative assistant to Carroll. Cole is a grandmother and a minister.
“The problem is that when you have these accusations that come out, it’s not just one person you’re attacking,” Carroll responded. “It’s an entire family. My husband doesn’t want to hear that. He knows the type of woman I am. I mean, my kids know the type of woman I am. For twenty-nine years – I’m the one that’s married for twenty-nine years. The accuser is the one that’s been single for a long time. So usually black women that look like me don’t engage in relationships like that.”
Cole’s attorney Stephen Webster says her relationship with the Lt. Governor changed dramatically after the alleged incident.
“She suffered retaliation I believe as a result over what she observed.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Cole was eventually fired and has her own troubles with the law now. She’s accused of sharing a recording of a conversation with Carroll’s Chief of Staff with a newspaper reporter, according to News 10 reporter Tammie Fields.
Webster says the accusations against his client are completely false.
“Her observations rendered her a liability to the Lt. Governor and that the Lt. Governor had a motive to do everything within her power to discredit my client.”
Interestingly, Cole took a polygraph test about “observing a sexually compromising position in the Capital”, a retired FDLE agent said “she passed.”
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here