Carroll spoke on the issue Saturday in Orange Park, Florida at the opening of a campaign office for Mitt Romney.
As we reported, Carletha Cole claims she walked in on a sexual encounter between Carroll and Carroll’s travel aide, Beatriz Ramos. Cole worked as an administrative assistant to Carroll. Cole is a grandmother and a minister.
“The problem is that when you have these accusations that come out, it’s not just one person you’re attacking,” Carroll responded. “It’s an entire family. My husband doesn’t want to hear that. He knows the type of woman I am. I mean, my kids know the type of woman I am. For twenty-nine years – I’m the one that’s married for twenty-nine years. The accuser is the one that’s been single for a long time. So usually black women that look like me don’t engage in relationships like that.”
Cole’s attorney Stephen Webster says her relationship with the Lt. Governor changed dramatically after the alleged incident.
“She suffered retaliation I believe as a result over what she observed.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Cole was eventually fired and has her own troubles with the law now. She’s accused of sharing a recording of a conversation with Carroll’s Chief of Staff with a newspaper reporter, according to News 10 reporter Tammie Fields.
Webster says the accusations against his client are completely false.
“Her observations rendered her a liability to the Lt. Governor and that the Lt. Governor had a motive to do everything within her power to discredit my client.”
Interestingly, Cole took a polygraph test about “observing a sexually compromising position in the Capital”, a retired FDLE agent said “she passed.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here