*Jennifer Lopez has made it official. Following the “hardest business conversation she’s ever had,” the entertainer confirms she is leaving “American Idol” after two seasons.
“I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do, that I put … on hold because I love ‘Idol’ so much,” Lopez, 42, told Ryan Seacrest Friday on his KIIS-FM morning show.
“I could do Idol for the rest of my life,” she said, “but that would be giving up a bunch of other things. We had an amazing run.”
Lopez follows in the footsteps of fellow judge Steven Tyler, who announced Thursday that he will not be returning for another season.
As previously reported, there is also speculation that veteran critic Randy Jackson will be leaving. And a source tells People.com that Mariah Carey is in serious talks to take one of the judges’ spots.
“I have my movies and my music and my this and my that,” Lopez said. “It all kind of worked together for a while, but then it gets more complicated. As the kids are getting a little bigger, it started feeling like it was a lot. Something has to give. And that’s, I think, where I am right now.”
Lopez, who called the judging experience “such a lovely surprise in my life,” went on to say, “I’ve never felt so much a part of a family of something I’ve been working on as I did with Idol. I didn’t know I’d be moved so emotionally by working on the show and working with the contestants.”
- Amiri Baraka’s 'Dutchman' Opens July 15 Limited Engagement @ Edgemar Center for Arts
- 50 Cent Celebrates 40th; Diddy Offers Him Lifetime of Ciroc
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here