*In the midst of recent artist signings in partnership with Epic Records recording artists Leah Labelle, Brandon Hines, and Fresco Kane, So So Def Recordings CEO and mega-producer Jermaine Dupri has made another label announcement: his return to dance music.
Dupri has signed hip hop duo the Ying Yang Twins to So So Def for the single “Fist Pump, Jump Jump” (featuring Greg Tecoz), a pop-flavored club anthem produced by RedOne (Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj), Alex P. (Enrique Iglesias, Nicki Minaj) and Ike Dirty (Too $hort, Redman, Keke Palmer).
Inspired by the hit reality show “Jersey Shore,” “Fist Pump” may seem like a daring departure from Kaine and D-Roc’s signature raunchy style, but Dupri maintains the dance genre is really not a stretch for the comedic twosome.
“Ying Yang Twins have always made danceable music,” says Dupri, referring to the group’s prior hits “Get Low,” “Salt Shaker” and “Wait (The Whisper Song).” “Songs like ‘Fist Pump’ are where the clubs are at right now.”
Dupri himself has a history with dance tunes, most notably the three-volume compilation series So So Def Bass All-Stars, which ran from 1996 to 1998 and featured the long-running hit “My Boo.”
“Because of its format, the media outlets and DJs that would normally cover Ying Yang Twins will probably overlook ‘Fist Pump’ until it becomes a hit,” says Dupri. “I’m bringing awareness to the song, so that people pay attention to the record from the beginning.”
“Fist Pump, Jump Jump” is available on iTunes and Amazon.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here