*(Via theGrio) – Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) is now facing pressure from his own party to come forth about his purported illness, which has kept him on a leave of absence from Congress, while his aides are busy denying rumors that the embattled lawmaker has attempted suicide.
During Jackson’s month-long leave from Capital Hill his office has released little information about his physical condition, but one of the Illinois congressman’s aides went on the Chicago WLS talk radio show Roe & Roeper to deny recent claims that Jackson had tried to take his own life.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The aide told ABC News, that Jackson won’t likely return to Congress until after Labor Day, the senior aid added that he [Jackson] is genuinely suffering from “exhaustion” and that he is receiving treatment at an impatient facility for none “life-threatening ailments.”The aide who only agreed to speak on anonymity said:
“He [Jackson] doesn’t get a lot of sleep and he has sleep disorders. He’s very energetic, running full-steam ahead, working six or seven days a week often and he’s been doing that for a long time,” the source said. “There’s a great deal of pressure on him due to unfounded allegations and negative press onslaught against him that are not true, so it kinda all caught up to him. He needed downtime to get away from grind.”
Read/learn more at theGrio.
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here