*(Via theGrio) – Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) is now facing pressure from his own party to come forth about his purported illness, which has kept him on a leave of absence from Congress, while his aides are busy denying rumors that the embattled lawmaker has attempted suicide.
During Jackson’s month-long leave from Capital Hill his office has released little information about his physical condition, but one of the Illinois congressman’s aides went on the Chicago WLS talk radio show Roe & Roeper to deny recent claims that Jackson had tried to take his own life.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The aide told ABC News, that Jackson won’t likely return to Congress until after Labor Day, the senior aid added that he [Jackson] is genuinely suffering from “exhaustion” and that he is receiving treatment at an impatient facility for none “life-threatening ailments.”The aide who only agreed to speak on anonymity said:
“He [Jackson] doesn’t get a lot of sleep and he has sleep disorders. He’s very energetic, running full-steam ahead, working six or seven days a week often and he’s been doing that for a long time,” the source said. “There’s a great deal of pressure on him due to unfounded allegations and negative press onslaught against him that are not true, so it kinda all caught up to him. He needed downtime to get away from grind.”
Read/learn more at theGrio.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here