*On Thursday, close to two months two months after taking a leave of absence from Congress, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s congressional office said he is being treated at an “in-patient medical facility” for an unnamed ailment, reports ABC News.
“Recently, we have been made aware that he has grappled with certain physical and emotional ailments privately for a long period of time,” Jackson’s spokesman Frank Watkins said in a statement. “At present, he is undergoing further evaluation and treatment at an in-patient medical facility.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Jackson took a leave of absence from his House duties in early June because of “exhaustion.” His condition is now “more serious than we thought and initially believed,” Watkins said
“According to the preliminary diagnosis from his doctors, Congressman Jackson will need to receive extended in-patient treatment as well as continuing medical treatment thereafter,” he said in the statement.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch this ABC News report on Congressman Jackson:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here