*On Thursday, close to two months two months after taking a leave of absence from Congress, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s congressional office said he is being treated at an “in-patient medical facility” for an unnamed ailment, reports ABC News.
“Recently, we have been made aware that he has grappled with certain physical and emotional ailments privately for a long period of time,” Jackson’s spokesman Frank Watkins said in a statement. “At present, he is undergoing further evaluation and treatment at an in-patient medical facility.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Jackson took a leave of absence from his House duties in early June because of “exhaustion.” His condition is now “more serious than we thought and initially believed,” Watkins said
“According to the preliminary diagnosis from his doctors, Congressman Jackson will need to receive extended in-patient treatment as well as continuing medical treatment thereafter,” he said in the statement.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch this ABC News report on Congressman Jackson:
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here