*On Thursday, close to two months two months after taking a leave of absence from Congress, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s congressional office said he is being treated at an “in-patient medical facility” for an unnamed ailment, reports ABC News.
“Recently, we have been made aware that he has grappled with certain physical and emotional ailments privately for a long period of time,” Jackson’s spokesman Frank Watkins said in a statement. “At present, he is undergoing further evaluation and treatment at an in-patient medical facility.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Jackson took a leave of absence from his House duties in early June because of “exhaustion.” His condition is now “more serious than we thought and initially believed,” Watkins said
“According to the preliminary diagnosis from his doctors, Congressman Jackson will need to receive extended in-patient treatment as well as continuing medical treatment thereafter,” he said in the statement.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch this ABC News report on Congressman Jackson:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here