*On Thursday, close to two months two months after taking a leave of absence from Congress, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s congressional office said he is being treated at an “in-patient medical facility” for an unnamed ailment, reports ABC News.
“Recently, we have been made aware that he has grappled with certain physical and emotional ailments privately for a long period of time,” Jackson’s spokesman Frank Watkins said in a statement. “At present, he is undergoing further evaluation and treatment at an in-patient medical facility.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Jackson took a leave of absence from his House duties in early June because of “exhaustion.” His condition is now “more serious than we thought and initially believed,” Watkins said
“According to the preliminary diagnosis from his doctors, Congressman Jackson will need to receive extended in-patient treatment as well as continuing medical treatment thereafter,” he said in the statement.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch this ABC News report on Congressman Jackson:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here