*On Thursday, close to two months two months after taking a leave of absence from Congress, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s congressional office said he is being treated at an “in-patient medical facility” for an unnamed ailment, reports ABC News.
“Recently, we have been made aware that he has grappled with certain physical and emotional ailments privately for a long period of time,” Jackson’s spokesman Frank Watkins said in a statement. “At present, he is undergoing further evaluation and treatment at an in-patient medical facility.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Jackson took a leave of absence from his House duties in early June because of “exhaustion.” His condition is now “more serious than we thought and initially believed,” Watkins said
“According to the preliminary diagnosis from his doctors, Congressman Jackson will need to receive extended in-patient treatment as well as continuing medical treatment thereafter,” he said in the statement.
Read/learn more at ABC News.
Watch this ABC News report on Congressman Jackson:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here