*Leading protestors – supporting an assault weapons ban outside a movie theater in Chicago on Saturday – the Reverend Jesse Jackson spoke to reporters about his son, U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
The elder Jackson said there is no timetable on his son’s recovery and asked for prayers for their family.
The younger Jackson has been on a secretive leave of absence for nearly seven weeks. As we reported, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota said Friday the congressman was being treated there for depression and gastrointestinal issues.
Jackson Jr. is also facing an ethics investigation in the U.S. House connected to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was convicted on corruption charges. Jackson has repeatedly denied wrongdoing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here