*Leading protestors – supporting an assault weapons ban outside a movie theater in Chicago on Saturday – the Reverend Jesse Jackson spoke to reporters about his son, U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
The elder Jackson said there is no timetable on his son’s recovery and asked for prayers for their family.
The younger Jackson has been on a secretive leave of absence for nearly seven weeks. As we reported, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota said Friday the congressman was being treated there for depression and gastrointestinal issues.
Jackson Jr. is also facing an ethics investigation in the U.S. House connected to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was convicted on corruption charges. Jackson has repeatedly denied wrongdoing.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here