*Leading protestors – supporting an assault weapons ban outside a movie theater in Chicago on Saturday – the Reverend Jesse Jackson spoke to reporters about his son, U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
The elder Jackson said there is no timetable on his son’s recovery and asked for prayers for their family.
The younger Jackson has been on a secretive leave of absence for nearly seven weeks. As we reported, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota said Friday the congressman was being treated there for depression and gastrointestinal issues.
Jackson Jr. is also facing an ethics investigation in the U.S. House connected to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was convicted on corruption charges. Jackson has repeatedly denied wrongdoing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here