*Leading protestors – supporting an assault weapons ban outside a movie theater in Chicago on Saturday – the Reverend Jesse Jackson spoke to reporters about his son, U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
The elder Jackson said there is no timetable on his son’s recovery and asked for prayers for their family.
The younger Jackson has been on a secretive leave of absence for nearly seven weeks. As we reported, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota said Friday the congressman was being treated there for depression and gastrointestinal issues.
Jackson Jr. is also facing an ethics investigation in the U.S. House connected to former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was convicted on corruption charges. Jackson has repeatedly denied wrongdoing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here