*John Legend got his feet wet as a judge on TV’s “Duets,” and now he wants more.
The nine-time Grammy winner has signed an exclusive pod deal with NBC’s studio counterpart Universal Cable Productions, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Under the deal Legend and his Get Lifted Film Company, with partners Mike Jackson and Ty Stiklorius will work alongside UCP senior vps Richard Rothstein, Chris Sanagustin and Maira Suro to develop series for cable and broadcast networks.
“We’re thrilled to have the creative talents of John, Mike and Ty to help us in our efforts to create imaginative and signature television. Already, they’ve proven their passion and commitment to TV by bringing unique talent to the studio. We look forward to a fun and productive partnership,” Rothstein, Sanagustin and Suro said in a joint statement.
The pact marks the Duets personality’s first step into the TV series arena. At UCP, Legend joins a studio roster that includes “The Walking Dead” executive producer Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment; Hypnotic, which produces “Covert Affairs” and “Suits” at USA; and Tagline, the shingle behind USA’s “Psych.”
“Ty, Mike and I are really excited about working with Maira, Richard and Chris and the entire UCP family as we take this next step forward in building Get Lifted. I believe we can do something really special,” Legend said in a statement.
In addition to his role on ABC’s “Duets,” Legend most recently fronted a Showtime special and will be heading out on tour in the fall.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here