*John Legend got his feet wet as a judge on TV’s “Duets,” and now he wants more.
The nine-time Grammy winner has signed an exclusive pod deal with NBC’s studio counterpart Universal Cable Productions, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Under the deal Legend and his Get Lifted Film Company, with partners Mike Jackson and Ty Stiklorius will work alongside UCP senior vps Richard Rothstein, Chris Sanagustin and Maira Suro to develop series for cable and broadcast networks.
“We’re thrilled to have the creative talents of John, Mike and Ty to help us in our efforts to create imaginative and signature television. Already, they’ve proven their passion and commitment to TV by bringing unique talent to the studio. We look forward to a fun and productive partnership,” Rothstein, Sanagustin and Suro said in a joint statement.
The pact marks the Duets personality’s first step into the TV series arena. At UCP, Legend joins a studio roster that includes “The Walking Dead” executive producer Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment; Hypnotic, which produces “Covert Affairs” and “Suits” at USA; and Tagline, the shingle behind USA’s “Psych.”
“Ty, Mike and I are really excited about working with Maira, Richard and Chris and the entire UCP family as we take this next step forward in building Get Lifted. I believe we can do something really special,” Legend said in a statement.
In addition to his role on ABC’s “Duets,” Legend most recently fronted a Showtime special and will be heading out on tour in the fall.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here