*John Legend got his feet wet as a judge on TV’s “Duets,” and now he wants more.
The nine-time Grammy winner has signed an exclusive pod deal with NBC’s studio counterpart Universal Cable Productions, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Under the deal Legend and his Get Lifted Film Company, with partners Mike Jackson and Ty Stiklorius will work alongside UCP senior vps Richard Rothstein, Chris Sanagustin and Maira Suro to develop series for cable and broadcast networks.
“We’re thrilled to have the creative talents of John, Mike and Ty to help us in our efforts to create imaginative and signature television. Already, they’ve proven their passion and commitment to TV by bringing unique talent to the studio. We look forward to a fun and productive partnership,” Rothstein, Sanagustin and Suro said in a joint statement.
The pact marks the Duets personality’s first step into the TV series arena. At UCP, Legend joins a studio roster that includes “The Walking Dead” executive producer Gale Anne Hurd’s Valhalla Entertainment; Hypnotic, which produces “Covert Affairs” and “Suits” at USA; and Tagline, the shingle behind USA’s “Psych.”
“Ty, Mike and I are really excited about working with Maira, Richard and Chris and the entire UCP family as we take this next step forward in building Get Lifted. I believe we can do something really special,” Legend said in a statement.
In addition to his role on ABC’s “Duets,” Legend most recently fronted a Showtime special and will be heading out on tour in the fall.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Russell Simmons Announces All Def Movie Awards
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here