He first blessed our ears in 2004 with his debut album, “Get Lifted” and followed up with another great award winning projects. With his last project, he returned to his hip hop foundation in a collaboration with The Roots in 2010 for a one-of-a-kind politically driven “Wake Up!”
It’s about that time again for him to grace us with something new.
The singer said in a recent interview with theGrio that he’s evolved as a singer and the next project is going to be a great one.
“It’s really coming along. I made a fun record with No I.D. I’m working a lot with Kanye, the Stereotypes, with Dave Tozer, Paul Epworth – I’ve been working with some great people,” he said. “It’s coming along really nicely. We’re going to have a single out in the next month or two, and then an album in the winter.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
He added that the album will feel a like modern soul.
“And when we talk about modern soul, we understand where we’ve come from, we understand the music I’ve grown up with, but we want to take it into the future and kind of help define what a 21st century soul album is supposed to sound like. That’s what we’re trying to accomplish.”
Check out more of the interview at theGrio.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here