He first blessed our ears in 2004 with his debut album, “Get Lifted” and followed up with another great award winning projects. With his last project, he returned to his hip hop foundation in a collaboration with The Roots in 2010 for a one-of-a-kind politically driven “Wake Up!”
It’s about that time again for him to grace us with something new.
The singer said in a recent interview with theGrio that he’s evolved as a singer and the next project is going to be a great one.
“It’s really coming along. I made a fun record with No I.D. I’m working a lot with Kanye, the Stereotypes, with Dave Tozer, Paul Epworth – I’ve been working with some great people,” he said. “It’s coming along really nicely. We’re going to have a single out in the next month or two, and then an album in the winter.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
He added that the album will feel a like modern soul.
“And when we talk about modern soul, we understand where we’ve come from, we understand the music I’ve grown up with, but we want to take it into the future and kind of help define what a 21st century soul album is supposed to sound like. That’s what we’re trying to accomplish.”
Check out more of the interview at theGrio.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here