He first blessed our ears in 2004 with his debut album, “Get Lifted” and followed up with another great award winning projects. With his last project, he returned to his hip hop foundation in a collaboration with The Roots in 2010 for a one-of-a-kind politically driven “Wake Up!”
It’s about that time again for him to grace us with something new.
The singer said in a recent interview with theGrio that he’s evolved as a singer and the next project is going to be a great one.
“It’s really coming along. I made a fun record with No I.D. I’m working a lot with Kanye, the Stereotypes, with Dave Tozer, Paul Epworth – I’ve been working with some great people,” he said. “It’s coming along really nicely. We’re going to have a single out in the next month or two, and then an album in the winter.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
He added that the album will feel a like modern soul.
“And when we talk about modern soul, we understand where we’ve come from, we understand the music I’ve grown up with, but we want to take it into the future and kind of help define what a 21st century soul album is supposed to sound like. That’s what we’re trying to accomplish.”
Check out more of the interview at theGrio.
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here