He first blessed our ears in 2004 with his debut album, “Get Lifted” and followed up with another great award winning projects. With his last project, he returned to his hip hop foundation in a collaboration with The Roots in 2010 for a one-of-a-kind politically driven “Wake Up!”
It’s about that time again for him to grace us with something new.
The singer said in a recent interview with theGrio that he’s evolved as a singer and the next project is going to be a great one.
“It’s really coming along. I made a fun record with No I.D. I’m working a lot with Kanye, the Stereotypes, with Dave Tozer, Paul Epworth – I’ve been working with some great people,” he said. “It’s coming along really nicely. We’re going to have a single out in the next month or two, and then an album in the winter.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
He added that the album will feel a like modern soul.
“And when we talk about modern soul, we understand where we’ve come from, we understand the music I’ve grown up with, but we want to take it into the future and kind of help define what a 21st century soul album is supposed to sound like. That’s what we’re trying to accomplish.”
Check out more of the interview at theGrio.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here