*Pentecostal televangelist Juanita Bynum was plugging her new stage play during a radio interview last week when she admitted to having had sexual relations with women.
“I’ve been there and I’ve done it all. I did the drugs, I’ve been with men, I’ve been with women. All of it,” she said July 13 on the Atlanta-based V103’s “Frank & Wanda in the Morning” radio program. Host Frank Ski immediately responded with: “Are you serious?”
The self-proclaimed prophetess was promoting her play “Get Your Life Back, starring Bynum, Anthony Dalton and Miss Venetia “Princess” Lewis. The show tackles “true life issues, shame and guilt.”
Bynum was asked by Ski to speak on the power of purpose and how to bounce back from struggles or trauma.
She responded, “I’ve been there … but I think the minute I allowed somebody to help me to take full responsibility for my life and not doing the blame game to say ‘oh, this is their fault;’ I took full responsibility in every area because every choice that I made, nobody put a gun to my head. I made those choices due to a lack of wisdom.”
Continuing, she stated, “I’m not insecure about being around people who have issues and struggles because I’ve been there and I’ve done it all.”
That’s when she disclosed her past sexual relations with women.
Following Ski’s “are you serious” question, she answered, “Every bit of it. …It’s my life.”
“That abuse I suffered was because I attracted after my own kind,” Bynum added. “That abuse was already sitting in me. I had already abused myself mentally and emotionally for years trying to fill a void that only the power of purpose can fill.
“You can have sex with 50,000 people, you can do drugs until the cows come home. But the void that you’re trying to fill is a void that’s been put there by the Creator and it’s called purpose and destiny and until you accept that you’re going to walk around the living dead.”
Bynum was married twice and was the victim of domestic abuse in both marriages. Her latest divorce occurred in 2008 after Bishop Thomas W. Weeks III pleaded guilty to assaulting Bynum in a hotel parking lot.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here