*Kanye West and his longtime agent Cara Lewis have been reunited at CAA, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The rapper had been previously represented by Lewis at William Morris Endeavor, where her client roster also included Eminem, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green, Common, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, B.o.B. and Soulja Boy. She joined CAA in January of 2012. In the days and weeks following her WME departure, it was debated whether West would follow.
According to THR, his arrival is a significant boost to CAA’s already thriving music department (headed by Rob Light) in no small part because West’s most recent tour, Watch the Throne, with label-mate Jay-Z, has gone down in history as the highest grossing hip-hop trek of all time.
Lewis herself is a major player in the R&B and rap scene, having spent 23 years at William Morris where, over time, she commanded a major share of the booking business for that market. She came in at No. 14 on Billboard’s 2011 Women in Music list.
- Neighbors Watch in Horror as Two Girls Jump from Burning Building
- Watch FSU QB De’Andre Johnson PUNCH Woman in Face; Gets Released
- EUR Speaks with Kem, Lalah Hathaway & Dee-1 At 2015 Essence Festival (WATCH)
- Beyoncé Video Inspires Curvy 68 Story Australian Skyscraper
- Turner's Two Cents: Obama Did Not Call Immigrants Gangbangers
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here