*Kanye West and his longtime agent Cara Lewis have been reunited at CAA, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The rapper had been previously represented by Lewis at William Morris Endeavor, where her client roster also included Eminem, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green, Common, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, B.o.B. and Soulja Boy. She joined CAA in January of 2012. In the days and weeks following her WME departure, it was debated whether West would follow.
According to THR, his arrival is a significant boost to CAA’s already thriving music department (headed by Rob Light) in no small part because West’s most recent tour, Watch the Throne, with label-mate Jay-Z, has gone down in history as the highest grossing hip-hop trek of all time.
Lewis herself is a major player in the R&B and rap scene, having spent 23 years at William Morris where, over time, she commanded a major share of the booking business for that market. She came in at No. 14 on Billboard’s 2011 Women in Music list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here