*Kanye West and his longtime agent Cara Lewis have been reunited at CAA, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The rapper had been previously represented by Lewis at William Morris Endeavor, where her client roster also included Eminem, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green, Common, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, B.o.B. and Soulja Boy. She joined CAA in January of 2012. In the days and weeks following her WME departure, it was debated whether West would follow.
According to THR, his arrival is a significant boost to CAA’s already thriving music department (headed by Rob Light) in no small part because West’s most recent tour, Watch the Throne, with label-mate Jay-Z, has gone down in history as the highest grossing hip-hop trek of all time.
Lewis herself is a major player in the R&B and rap scene, having spent 23 years at William Morris where, over time, she commanded a major share of the booking business for that market. She came in at No. 14 on Billboard’s 2011 Women in Music list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here