*Kanye West and his longtime agent Cara Lewis have been reunited at CAA, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The rapper had been previously represented by Lewis at William Morris Endeavor, where her client roster also included Eminem, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green, Common, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, B.o.B. and Soulja Boy. She joined CAA in January of 2012. In the days and weeks following her WME departure, it was debated whether West would follow.
According to THR, his arrival is a significant boost to CAA’s already thriving music department (headed by Rob Light) in no small part because West’s most recent tour, Watch the Throne, with label-mate Jay-Z, has gone down in history as the highest grossing hip-hop trek of all time.
Lewis herself is a major player in the R&B and rap scene, having spent 23 years at William Morris where, over time, she commanded a major share of the booking business for that market. She came in at No. 14 on Billboard’s 2011 Women in Music list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here