*Kanye West and his longtime agent Cara Lewis have been reunited at CAA, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The rapper had been previously represented by Lewis at William Morris Endeavor, where her client roster also included Eminem, Rihanna, Cee Lo Green, Common, Kid Cudi, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, B.o.B. and Soulja Boy. She joined CAA in January of 2012. In the days and weeks following her WME departure, it was debated whether West would follow.
According to THR, his arrival is a significant boost to CAA’s already thriving music department (headed by Rob Light) in no small part because West’s most recent tour, Watch the Throne, with label-mate Jay-Z, has gone down in history as the highest grossing hip-hop trek of all time.
Lewis herself is a major player in the R&B and rap scene, having spent 23 years at William Morris where, over time, she commanded a major share of the booking business for that market. She came in at No. 14 on Billboard’s 2011 Women in Music list.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here