*Universal Pictures has acquired “Ride Along” out of turnaround from New Line and the studio has set a late October production start with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube in the lead, and Tim Story in the director’s chair, according to Deadline.com.
The project had languished at New Line, partly over trying to figure out the leads, but Universal was ready to move quickly in reteaming Story, Hart and Packer after “Think Like A Man,” a sleeper hit that has grossed $91 million domestic for Screen Gems, the website reported.
Hart will play a second-grade teacher who is ready to get married, but first he must survive a “Training Day” – like ride-along experience with his fiancee’s tough cop brother, who doesn’t want the marriage to happen and tries to scare off the suitor.
Cube’s coming off “21 Jump Street” and Cube Vision is near a production start on “Straight Outta Compton.” Packer just wrapped No Good Deed with Idris Elba starring for Screen Gems.
The film will be produced by Cube Vision’s Ice Cube, LBI Entertainment’s Matt Alvarez with Rainforest Films’ Will Packer, and by Larry Brezner.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here