*VH1, the network that brought us “Single Ladies,” has just picked up its second scripted comedy, giving series orders to “Bounce,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Starring Kimberly Elise, Dean Cain and Charlotte Ross, the series revolves around the Los Angeles Devil Girls, a preeminent dance team in professional basketball, the cable network announced today.
Written and created by James LaRosa, the series follows the lives of the dancers, the woman who runs the dance squad, the players and the team’s coach and players. Sanaa Hamri is directing the pilot, and production will begin next year.
“[Bounce] has all the elements we know VH1 viewers love; a world very much on the pop culture radar, an incredible cast and compelling, addictive storytelling,” said Jeff Olde, exec VP original programming and production at VH1. “These are all set against a glamorous backdrop where amazing dance numbers organically break out as part of the story. We wanted to create a scripted series at VH1 in which music is a strong narrative force, and we have found that with ‘Bounce.'”
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here