*VH1, the network that brought us “Single Ladies,” has just picked up its second scripted comedy, giving series orders to “Bounce,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Starring Kimberly Elise, Dean Cain and Charlotte Ross, the series revolves around the Los Angeles Devil Girls, a preeminent dance team in professional basketball, the cable network announced today.
Written and created by James LaRosa, the series follows the lives of the dancers, the woman who runs the dance squad, the players and the team’s coach and players. Sanaa Hamri is directing the pilot, and production will begin next year.
“[Bounce] has all the elements we know VH1 viewers love; a world very much on the pop culture radar, an incredible cast and compelling, addictive storytelling,” said Jeff Olde, exec VP original programming and production at VH1. “These are all set against a glamorous backdrop where amazing dance numbers organically break out as part of the story. We wanted to create a scripted series at VH1 in which music is a strong narrative force, and we have found that with ‘Bounce.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here