*VH1, the network that brought us “Single Ladies,” has just picked up its second scripted comedy, giving series orders to “Bounce,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Starring Kimberly Elise, Dean Cain and Charlotte Ross, the series revolves around the Los Angeles Devil Girls, a preeminent dance team in professional basketball, the cable network announced today.
Written and created by James LaRosa, the series follows the lives of the dancers, the woman who runs the dance squad, the players and the team’s coach and players. Sanaa Hamri is directing the pilot, and production will begin next year.
“[Bounce] has all the elements we know VH1 viewers love; a world very much on the pop culture radar, an incredible cast and compelling, addictive storytelling,” said Jeff Olde, exec VP original programming and production at VH1. “These are all set against a glamorous backdrop where amazing dance numbers organically break out as part of the story. We wanted to create a scripted series at VH1 in which music is a strong narrative force, and we have found that with ‘Bounce.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here