*VH1, the network that brought us “Single Ladies,” has just picked up its second scripted comedy, giving series orders to “Bounce,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Starring Kimberly Elise, Dean Cain and Charlotte Ross, the series revolves around the Los Angeles Devil Girls, a preeminent dance team in professional basketball, the cable network announced today.
Written and created by James LaRosa, the series follows the lives of the dancers, the woman who runs the dance squad, the players and the team’s coach and players. Sanaa Hamri is directing the pilot, and production will begin next year.
“[Bounce] has all the elements we know VH1 viewers love; a world very much on the pop culture radar, an incredible cast and compelling, addictive storytelling,” said Jeff Olde, exec VP original programming and production at VH1. “These are all set against a glamorous backdrop where amazing dance numbers organically break out as part of the story. We wanted to create a scripted series at VH1 in which music is a strong narrative force, and we have found that with ‘Bounce.'”
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here