*VH1, the network that brought us “Single Ladies,” has just picked up its second scripted comedy, giving series orders to “Bounce,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Starring Kimberly Elise, Dean Cain and Charlotte Ross, the series revolves around the Los Angeles Devil Girls, a preeminent dance team in professional basketball, the cable network announced today.
Written and created by James LaRosa, the series follows the lives of the dancers, the woman who runs the dance squad, the players and the team’s coach and players. Sanaa Hamri is directing the pilot, and production will begin next year.
“[Bounce] has all the elements we know VH1 viewers love; a world very much on the pop culture radar, an incredible cast and compelling, addictive storytelling,” said Jeff Olde, exec VP original programming and production at VH1. “These are all set against a glamorous backdrop where amazing dance numbers organically break out as part of the story. We wanted to create a scripted series at VH1 in which music is a strong narrative force, and we have found that with ‘Bounce.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here