*Leslie Odom Jr. has been upped to series regular on NBC‘s Broadway drama “Smash.”
Last season he recurred as Sam, a love interest for Tom Levitt (Christian Borle). Odom recently closed in the Broadway musical Leap Of Faith.
In an additional “Smash” casting Krysta Rodriguez has joined the series as a regular playing Ana, the roommate to Katharine McPhee’s character Karen.
As previously reported, Jennifer Hudson will appear on “Smash” next season as a Tony-winning Broadway star named Veronica Moore, who impacts the lives of Karen and Ivy (Megan Hilty).
“I’m excited about it. I’m gearing up for it,” Hudson said last month. “It’s a guest appearance but we’ll see how it goes! I’ll be singing and dancing since I play a Broadway star so Broadway stars do it all! If I’m doing it all, everybody better get ready!”
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here