*Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly started his TCA session in Beverly Hills this morning with news that Mariah Carey will indeed be joining “American Idol” for its upcoming season, completing a deal that is rumored to be worth $12 to $15 million per year.
And then he put her on speakerphone.
“Hi everyone, I am so excited to be joining ‘Idol,’” Carey told TCA members through Reilly’s cell as staffers from Fox applauded in the back of the room. “I wanted to be there today, but I think you know this all kind of just happened, quickly. I wish I could’ve been there myself to tell you.
“I can’t wait to get started in a couple of months.”
Reilly wouldn’t confirm who would be replacing former judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. Whoever is chosen will join Carey and “American Idol” producers in person for the next TCA press tour to take place in January.
In the meantime, Reilly said Carey “is the biggest recording artist any of these shows have ever had,” and “an artist that many contestants have tried to emulate.”
Listen to Mariah’s entire phone call and more ‘Idol’ talk from Kevin Reilly below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here