Mariah Carey will be the next “American Idol” judge, replacing J.Lo on the show.
If all goes just right, the singer will be making more than $17 million for one season.
At first, her hubby Nick Cannon, doubted the show had enough cash flow to fund the superstar’s presence on the show.
“I don’t know if they can afford Mariah Carey,” Cannon told TMZ earlier as we reported. “That’s a lot of money.”
Let’s not get too excited though. This isn’t the first time she’s been rumored to be the next judge. In 2010, thus was the same story.
In the meantime, another judge needs to be replaced. Artists like Nicki Minaj have even come up, but one diva is hoping to have her name called.
Aretha Franklin has publicly lamented her not being even called up for the gig.
She suspects with all of her experience and lovely personality, she should be the next judge. She even suggested other legends like Patti LaBelle.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here