Mariah Carey will be the next “American Idol” judge, replacing J.Lo on the show.
If all goes just right, the singer will be making more than $17 million for one season.
At first, her hubby Nick Cannon, doubted the show had enough cash flow to fund the superstar’s presence on the show.
“I don’t know if they can afford Mariah Carey,” Cannon told TMZ earlier as we reported. “That’s a lot of money.”
Let’s not get too excited though. This isn’t the first time she’s been rumored to be the next judge. In 2010, thus was the same story.
In the meantime, another judge needs to be replaced. Artists like Nicki Minaj have even come up, but one diva is hoping to have her name called.
Aretha Franklin has publicly lamented her not being even called up for the gig.
She suspects with all of her experience and lovely personality, she should be the next judge. She even suggested other legends like Patti LaBelle.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here