Mariah Carey will be the next “American Idol” judge, replacing J.Lo on the show.
If all goes just right, the singer will be making more than $17 million for one season.
At first, her hubby Nick Cannon, doubted the show had enough cash flow to fund the superstar’s presence on the show.
“I don’t know if they can afford Mariah Carey,” Cannon told TMZ earlier as we reported. “That’s a lot of money.”
Let’s not get too excited though. This isn’t the first time she’s been rumored to be the next judge. In 2010, thus was the same story.
In the meantime, another judge needs to be replaced. Artists like Nicki Minaj have even come up, but one diva is hoping to have her name called.
Aretha Franklin has publicly lamented her not being even called up for the gig.
She suspects with all of her experience and lovely personality, she should be the next judge. She even suggested other legends like Patti LaBelle.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here