*What’s it like to be a single father? Marvin Sapp knows now.
The Gospel singer just landed a reality show that documents his life as the only parent for his three teenage children.
Two years ago, his wife MaLinda died after losing a battle against colon cancer. The pair ran Lighthouse Full Life Center Church in Grand Rapids, Mich.
Since her passing, the singer and now full time dad says life is an adventure.
“There are days when I get up and I cry, thinking of her. There are days thinking of her and I smile. There are days when I’m angry. Days that I’m not… we miss her.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The show, produced by Open River Pictures, actually began filming earlier this year, but hasn’t been assigned to a network yet.
Tammy Williams, CEO of the company, says this is a new phase in the family’s journey, serving as a beacon of hope, family and love.
“Marvin entrusted my company to document the second chapter of his and his kids,” said Williams. “I think it is timely that the country sees a man, especially an African-American man, who is serious about family values and raising his children.”
Despite the emotional struggles, Marvin has been open about his dealings, sharing with his listeners, fans and churchgoers his daily strife.
He recently told EURweb recently that singing and sharing his story has been therapy, a form of healing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here