*What’s it like to be a single father? Marvin Sapp knows now.
The Gospel singer just landed a reality show that documents his life as the only parent for his three teenage children.
Two years ago, his wife MaLinda died after losing a battle against colon cancer. The pair ran Lighthouse Full Life Center Church in Grand Rapids, Mich.
Since her passing, the singer and now full time dad says life is an adventure.
“There are days when I get up and I cry, thinking of her. There are days thinking of her and I smile. There are days when I’m angry. Days that I’m not… we miss her.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The show, produced by Open River Pictures, actually began filming earlier this year, but hasn’t been assigned to a network yet.
Tammy Williams, CEO of the company, says this is a new phase in the family’s journey, serving as a beacon of hope, family and love.
“Marvin entrusted my company to document the second chapter of his and his kids,” said Williams. “I think it is timely that the country sees a man, especially an African-American man, who is serious about family values and raising his children.”
Despite the emotional struggles, Marvin has been open about his dealings, sharing with his listeners, fans and churchgoers his daily strife.
He recently told EURweb recently that singing and sharing his story has been therapy, a form of healing.
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here