*What’s it like to be a single father? Marvin Sapp knows now.
The Gospel singer just landed a reality show that documents his life as the only parent for his three teenage children.
Two years ago, his wife MaLinda died after losing a battle against colon cancer. The pair ran Lighthouse Full Life Center Church in Grand Rapids, Mich.
Since her passing, the singer and now full time dad says life is an adventure.
“There are days when I get up and I cry, thinking of her. There are days thinking of her and I smile. There are days when I’m angry. Days that I’m not… we miss her.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The show, produced by Open River Pictures, actually began filming earlier this year, but hasn’t been assigned to a network yet.
Tammy Williams, CEO of the company, says this is a new phase in the family’s journey, serving as a beacon of hope, family and love.
“Marvin entrusted my company to document the second chapter of his and his kids,” said Williams. “I think it is timely that the country sees a man, especially an African-American man, who is serious about family values and raising his children.”
Despite the emotional struggles, Marvin has been open about his dealings, sharing with his listeners, fans and churchgoers his daily strife.
He recently told EURweb recently that singing and sharing his story has been therapy, a form of healing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here