*What’s it like to be a single father? Marvin Sapp knows now.
The Gospel singer just landed a reality show that documents his life as the only parent for his three teenage children.
Two years ago, his wife MaLinda died after losing a battle against colon cancer. The pair ran Lighthouse Full Life Center Church in Grand Rapids, Mich.
Since her passing, the singer and now full time dad says life is an adventure.
“There are days when I get up and I cry, thinking of her. There are days thinking of her and I smile. There are days when I’m angry. Days that I’m not… we miss her.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The show, produced by Open River Pictures, actually began filming earlier this year, but hasn’t been assigned to a network yet.
Tammy Williams, CEO of the company, says this is a new phase in the family’s journey, serving as a beacon of hope, family and love.
“Marvin entrusted my company to document the second chapter of his and his kids,” said Williams. “I think it is timely that the country sees a man, especially an African-American man, who is serious about family values and raising his children.”
Despite the emotional struggles, Marvin has been open about his dealings, sharing with his listeners, fans and churchgoers his daily strife.
He recently told EURweb recently that singing and sharing his story has been therapy, a form of healing.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here