*Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes got himself busted Monday night for an outstanding traffic warrant, and for mouthing off to the arresting officer, TMZ is reporting.
According to law enforcement sources, Barnes was busted by police in Manhattan Beach, CA for a misdemeanor traffic warrant, and we’re told he also resisted the arresting officer.
Barnes is currently being booked by Manhattan Beach PD for the traffic violation, and for resisting an executive officer … a felony.
According to our sources … Matt was walking in Manhattan Beach around 8:30PM when he was first approached by Manhattan Beach PD — and when officers ran a check on him they discovered a massive $26,000 unpaid traffic warrant for driving on a suspended license.
We’re told Barnes made threats against one of the officers — which is why he got slapped with the felony for resisting.
As of this posting, Barnes is being held on $51,000 bail — $26k of which is the unpaid warrant.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here