*Los Angeles Lakers forward Matt Barnes got himself busted Monday night for an outstanding traffic warrant, and for mouthing off to the arresting officer, TMZ is reporting.
According to law enforcement sources, Barnes was busted by police in Manhattan Beach, CA for a misdemeanor traffic warrant, and we’re told he also resisted the arresting officer.
Barnes is currently being booked by Manhattan Beach PD for the traffic violation, and for resisting an executive officer … a felony.
According to our sources … Matt was walking in Manhattan Beach around 8:30PM when he was first approached by Manhattan Beach PD — and when officers ran a check on him they discovered a massive $26,000 unpaid traffic warrant for driving on a suspended license.
We’re told Barnes made threats against one of the officers — which is why he got slapped with the felony for resisting.
As of this posting, Barnes is being held on $51,000 bail — $26k of which is the unpaid warrant.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here