*Here’s a movie that hasn’t been much talked about: “The Obama Effect.”
Starring Charles Dutton, Vanessa Calloway, and Meagan Good, the movie is about the Obama fever of 2008 and focuses on the life of one man who deals with the ups and downs of the campaign.
The plot starts off when John Thomas, an insurance salesman, becomes obsessed with getting Barack Obama elected. He drops everything else in his life and neglects relationships to work vigorously on the campaign. But his health begins to struggle and his strong supportive wife knows nothing about it.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Life gets twisted into a huge knot as family members go against John’s philosophies, his wife and daughter, played by Meagan, feel rejected and forgotten, and tension rises between him and his son.
Of course there has to be some sort redemption in the storyline. So the main character finally gets exposed and his wife finds out about his health issues. He begins to focus more on his life as he watches the man he supported so earnestly, rises to the top.
Check out the trailer:
According to Shadow and Act, “The Obama Effect” will premiere exclusively through AMC theaters (likely the AMC Independent program) this Friday, on July 13, 2012 in select markets including: Little Rock, Charlotte, Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington DC, Orlando, Jackson, Dallas, Houston, Detroit and Norfolk.
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here