*Here’s a movie that hasn’t been much talked about: “The Obama Effect.”
Starring Charles Dutton, Vanessa Calloway, and Meagan Good, the movie is about the Obama fever of 2008 and focuses on the life of one man who deals with the ups and downs of the campaign.
The plot starts off when John Thomas, an insurance salesman, becomes obsessed with getting Barack Obama elected. He drops everything else in his life and neglects relationships to work vigorously on the campaign. But his health begins to struggle and his strong supportive wife knows nothing about it.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Life gets twisted into a huge knot as family members go against John’s philosophies, his wife and daughter, played by Meagan, feel rejected and forgotten, and tension rises between him and his son.
Of course there has to be some sort redemption in the storyline. So the main character finally gets exposed and his wife finds out about his health issues. He begins to focus more on his life as he watches the man he supported so earnestly, rises to the top.
Check out the trailer:
According to Shadow and Act, “The Obama Effect” will premiere exclusively through AMC theaters (likely the AMC Independent program) this Friday, on July 13, 2012 in select markets including: Little Rock, Charlotte, Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington DC, Orlando, Jackson, Dallas, Houston, Detroit and Norfolk.
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here