*Here’s a movie that hasn’t been much talked about: “The Obama Effect.”
Starring Charles Dutton, Vanessa Calloway, and Meagan Good, the movie is about the Obama fever of 2008 and focuses on the life of one man who deals with the ups and downs of the campaign.
The plot starts off when John Thomas, an insurance salesman, becomes obsessed with getting Barack Obama elected. He drops everything else in his life and neglects relationships to work vigorously on the campaign. But his health begins to struggle and his strong supportive wife knows nothing about it.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Life gets twisted into a huge knot as family members go against John’s philosophies, his wife and daughter, played by Meagan, feel rejected and forgotten, and tension rises between him and his son.
Of course there has to be some sort redemption in the storyline. So the main character finally gets exposed and his wife finds out about his health issues. He begins to focus more on his life as he watches the man he supported so earnestly, rises to the top.
Check out the trailer:
According to Shadow and Act, “The Obama Effect” will premiere exclusively through AMC theaters (likely the AMC Independent program) this Friday, on July 13, 2012 in select markets including: Little Rock, Charlotte, Atlanta, Baltimore, Washington DC, Orlando, Jackson, Dallas, Houston, Detroit and Norfolk.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here